• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Core Ultra 9 285k 'Arrow Lake' Discussion/News ("15th gen") on LGA-1851

@humbug 13700k/f. No ring bug with ecores on. Higher oc all around. Cores, ring and mem.

A tuned 13700k with ddr5 is very fast. Disable HT, run adaptive voltage and it’ll run cool n quiet as well.

Last edited:
After watching a couple of more reviews I’m 99% sure the performance is not going to be fixed by firmware updates. Maybe some outlier cases but that’s about it. An skipable gen unless prices come down substantially. The only thing that could save this socket is a desktop version of PTL, which I doubt it will happen.

After watching a couple of more reviews I’m 99% sure the performance is not going to be fixed by firmware updates. Maybe some outlier cases but that’s about it. An skipable gen unless prices come down substantially. The only thing that could save this socket is a desktop version of PTL, which I doubt it will happen.

AL is a dead platform, it’s not going to sell well, it’s fundamentally flawed. Jo one should be buying these processors IMO. Their performance is far too variable, when they are slow they are slower than 12th gen parts. It’s ridiculous.

It seems that whats happening to CPU's at the moment is shifting towards whats happened to software for years with the release it now as a beta with poor performance, bugs and other problems and maybe fix it in the future as it's bad enough when software companies do it with a game that costs £70 its another to do it with new hardware thats costs hundreds of pounds. I'm seeing people repeat the marketing spin like its a server cpu, its a journey, its their first attempt at a tile/chiplet design, at least the power consumption is better... etc/

I get that all new platforms have the issues that usually get fixed but it seems to be getting worse though one thing this has highlighted is how dire Windows can be and it should not be relied upon as an angle to fix issues as its crazy how a Windows patch can pretty much gain or lose what is now a current CPU generation of performance in certain workloads.

Finally, at least AMD had Zen 4 to fall back too even if some people dont think the best of Zen 5 though Intel came out the gate with a new platform and presented us a refresh/rehash from the start that will really turn people off your platform and with the state Arrowlake is in with no CPU planned after it unless these really crash in price with the motherboards (The motherboard price increase over LGA1700 is nuts) whats the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom