• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

maybe being the lower power one less likely ?, maybe we'll never know and see how many years they last

0qdbYvc.png
Where does the image come from?

It nearly confirms that only B0 (Raptor Lake) CPUs are affected since the 14500 and 13500 (which exclusively use C0 dies) are excluded. Except, there's one mistake, which is the i5-13600 is included and this CPU is NOT B0, it uses a C0 (Alder Lake, 8+8) die.

Down 26% for the day to $21.48 with just a tiny 0.5% bounce after hours. It's going to be an interesting week financially for them but I don't think it'll break the company. However, it will make it an attractive stock for speculators looking for a large potential rebound by Q1 '25 once the changes take effect.

Ouch, Aunt Kamala might have to intervene soon.

Where does the image come from?

It nearly confirms that only B0 (Raptor Lake) CPUs are affected since the 14500 and 13500 (which exclusively use C0 dies) are excluded. Except, there's one mistake, which is the i5-13600 is included and this CPU is NOT B0, it uses a C0 (Alder Lake, 8+8) die.

The cause is Intels strategy. You seem to have convinced yourself otherwise over time.

We still have no idea if this is a fundamental issue/hardware design fault, optimistic expectations of the silicon, related to specific batches and/or individual CPUs potentially not confined to batches or what.

Everyone is putting every failure down to this now but the failure actually manifests in 1 of or both of two very specific failures initially (instruction reading data from 0 memory location or trying to execute wrong memory location as if an instruction) which appears in some cases to degrade into a more severe general failure later but even the information on that is vague and appears so far 50% of failures may not degrade beyond the initial failure and/or if mitigations are applied.

Intel hasn't even confirmed the incorrect voltage temperature condition fault is the cause or even if related or a factor though my own observations there appears to be a link.

Last edited:
Watching this, looks to be very revealing of extremely shading practice. Am a fan of these GN exposés, they go into decent depth.

I'm not sure I agree. I gave up watching the GN video because as much as there is clearly an issue with the CPU's, Steve's whining and crying about emails not replied to just came across as a petulant temper tantrum, and I think it could have been delivered in a far better manner, less inciteful manner.

In fact, I think that LTT's techquickie video released in the last 24hrs on the crashes is far better, far more informative, still critical of Intel but less of the cheap-shotting.

We still have no idea if this is a fundamental issue/hardware design fault, optimistic expectations of the silicon, related to specific batches and/or individual CPUs potentially not confined to batches or what.

Everyone is putting every failure down to this now but the failure actually manifests in 1 of or both of a very specific failure initially which appears in some cases to degrade into a more severe general failure later but even the information on that is vague and appears so far 50% of failures may not degrade beyond the initial failure and/or if mitigations are applied.

Intel hasn't even confirmed the incorrect voltage temperature condition fault is the cause or even if related or a factor though my own observations there appears to be a link.

We know the route issue. The ringbus+mesh strategy should have only ever been a stopgap solution. It’s a flawed design with far too many limitations and its long term adoption has resulted in this lasagna fail. The Intel underlying technology and approach are both flawed.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I agree. I gave up watching the GN video because as much as there is clearly an issue with the CPU's, Steve's whining and crying about emails not replied to just came across as a petulant temper tantrum, and I think it could have been delivered in a far better manner, less inciteful manner.

In fact, I think that LTT's techquickie video released in the last 24hrs on the crashes is far better, far more informative, still critical of Intel but less of the cheap-shotting.
I get where you're coming from, there is mention of disgruntlement due to lack of response. IMHO I don't think it's whining, if anything it looks worse for intel for not replying to queries from a fairly big tech channel. They have ignored specific questions, or provided vague responses.

If they are prepared to ignoreta big youtube channel, imagine how they would treat the average end user.

We know the route issue. The ringbus+mesh strategy should have only ever been a stopgap solution. It’s a flawed design with far too many limitations and its long term term adoption has resulted in this lasagna fail. The Intel underlying technology and approach are both flawed.

We don't know that is the cause of these failures. People have convinced themselves of it but the symptoms and known failure don't fit with a general ring bus failure.

He's trying to get some answers for Intel's customers given that they are being treated with the same wall of silence and being left holding a broken CPU after handing Intel their hard earned money.

One could only be critical of what Steve is doing if one wishes to protect Intel from the fallout of their own making. What he is doing is what he does with all companies trying to minimize their costs for their mistakes by screwing over its customers

Last edited:
We don't know that is the cause of these failures. People have convinced themselves of it but the symptoms and known failure don't fit with a general ring bus failure.

They are failing at a high rate and Intel are refusing to engage with people who have lost money due to this issue, that's what's happening @Rroff, the reasons for all the speculation is because Intel are utterly silent on it and have been for two years, deliberately to sow confutation, which is an issue in its self but its not the main issue, the main issue is Intel have knowingly sold broken CPU's, they continue to sell broken CPU's and are refusing to engage with people holding those broken CPU's.

Last edited:

LTT dont dare properly do this stuff as its all about the brand for them, GN are the only ones willing to burn the whole house down calling them all out.

Ok... i have just watched this, Linus is doing exactly what Intel are trying to do, he's blaming the Motherboards. :rolleyes:

Any shares in Intel to declare Linus? Yes, he has shares in a Laptop company who rely on Intel, they use exclusively Intel CPU's.

Last edited:
Ok... i have just watched this, Linus is doing exactly what Intel are trying to do, he's blaming the Motherboards. :rolleyes:

Any shares in Intel to declare Linus? Yes, he has shares in a Laptop company who rely on Intel, they use exclusively Intel CPU's.

God Linus really is useless. Do they do any of their own research or tear down of what is actually happening?..Seems like hes just spouting media drops from the companies. GN literally have their own labs and and look into it themselves. Cant take anything LTT sites seriously. No surprises really as so much of their clips are all about Intel sponsoring makeovers etc.

Last edited:

Yeah this felt really superficial and just thrown together to get something out.

God Linus really is useless. Do they do any of their own research or tear down of what is actually happening?..Seems like hes just spouting media drops from the companies. GN literally have their own labs and and look into it themselves. Cant take anything LTT sites seriously. No supposes really as so much of their clips are all about Intel sponsoring makeovers etc.

He has his own Interests, he part owns Framework Computer Inc, he's a vested corporate shill like any other vested corporate shill only he has a massive platform to corporate shill on.

Intel marketing: go blue team, get blue screen?

I don’t take sides to protect a or b. In this case, Intel is hoping for all to cool down, but won’t, as more people are being affected.
I remember J2C justifying why he drop the AMD CPU for a flagship Intel. Just waiting to hear the mental gymnastics to justify why Intel is a smart move (according to him). Never had a single crash with the 7800x3D. No issues with my previous 7600 either. Hard to believe he was running into “so many issues”. Maybe that fell on the same category as the best AIO ever, filled with God’s tears. All Liam Li done was slapping a screen and rotated the tubing around the AIO. The weaknesses still there: limited pump, limited radiator and limited fans.

Intel marketing: go blue team, get blue screen?

I don’t take sides to protect a or b. In this case, Intel is hoping for all to cool down, but won’t, as more people are being affected.
I remember J2C justifying why he drop the AMD CPU for a flagship Intel. Just waiting to hear the mental gymnastics to justify why Intel is a smart move (according to him). Never had a single crash with the 7800x3D. No issues with my previous 7600 either. Hard to believe he was running into “so many issues”. Maybe that fell on the same category as the best AIO ever, filled with God’s tears. All Liam Li done was slapping a screen and rotated the tubing around the AIO. The weaknesses still there: limited pump, limited radiator and limited fans.

Yeah this is the guy who thinks Cinebench R23 crashing 8 seconds in to the first run is normal, the same guy who stabs his fingers at a screen reading one of these Intel CPU's running 1.5v at over 80c and declaring that normal, the same guy who during reviewing Ryzen 7000 series couldn't stop 'digressing' over how "smooth and snappy" the CPU felt.... and then proudly built a 13900K rig for his personal computer.

Comparing how these CPU's felt to use, like you're playing a game with bad frame times and not looking at the GPU thinking "something is up with that" to me speaks volumes of what has sadly become normalised among some Intel users.

Last edited:
Down 26% for the day to $21.48 with just a tiny 0.5% bounce after hours. It's going to be an interesting week financially for them but I don't think it'll break the company. However, it will make it an attractive stock for speculators looking for a large potential rebound by Q1 '25 once the changes take effect.
:cry:

One could only be critical of what Steve is doing if one wishes to protect Intel from the fallout of their own making. What he is doing is what he does with all companies trying to minimize their costs for their mistakes by screwing over its customers

To clarify, I’m not criticising Steve for what he is doing towards the cause … he is right to call it out, I’m am slightly critical of the manner in which he doing it though … I think he could come across more effectively by portraying a different manner.

Back
Top Bottom