• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel has a Pretty Big Problem..

I'm saying there is no concrete data, there is plenty of indicative data if you go looking for it and/or have access to it.

Here for example is Mindfactory's "complaint rates" which are indicative of return rates, for recent months for a bunch of relevant CPUs:

14600K - 0.57%
14700K - 1.01%
14900 series - 1.92-3.61%
14900KS - 7.53%
7800X3D - 0.44%
9700X - 0.62% (probably too early to be accurate)
7700 series - 0.57-1.1%
7900 series - 0.73-0.93%
7950 series - 1.25-2.30%

I've separated the KS as you often get people returning a bunch of these trying to find a "golden" chip so high complaint rates on those parts aren't unusual.

EDIT: I can't reproduce any data from work as I don't have authorisation to do so.

EDIT2: 13th gen parts similarly have 1-2% rates. Their ~3% average on the 14900 is also consistent with what I've heard from friends in IT who manage large numbers of 14900 systems in tasks like using Unreal Engine for rendering stuff for advertising work, etc.

Can we see your data now.

It’s like the time you claimed you had few unlicensed scanning electron microscopes, just lying around your house. Pure BS.

That is pretty special to both dig up something that old and to misrepresent it that badly.

I never made that claim and I certainly didn't claim there was a bunch of them lying about the house. Yes I got a bit mixed up as to the type of microscope - my dad formerly did research and development for companies like Pittards, ICI, BSI, etc. (this is the kind of stuff he did https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/patent/US-6277439-B1 ) which meant he had equipment at home including a high end microscope - as I said at the time "its a high end non-optical, specialized microscope I don't know the exact details - but I belive its some type of electron scope".

Last edited:
Intel have a big problem and covering the warranty is going to be pretty costly. Intel has been struggling financially for some time while still retaining the majority of the overall market. Are these linked?

Intels failure rates on the 13/14 series are significant ever more so considering the sales figures of these particular parts are minimal. Its pretty clear Intel are in a dire situation.

Last edited:
That is pretty special to both dig up something that old and to misrepresent it that badly.

I never made that claim and I certainly didn't claim there was a bunch of them lying about the house. Yes I got a bit mixed up as to the type of microscope - my dad formerly did research and development for companies like Pittards, ICI, BSI, etc. (this is the kind of stuff he did https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/patent/US-6277439-B1 ) which meant he had equipment at home including a high end microscope - as I said at the time "its a high end non-optical, specialized microscope I don't know the exact details - but I belive its some type of electron scope".

No, you just argued yourself into a corner with people who actually knew what they were talking about. That was a topic discussing another flaw in silicon.

Intel have a big problem and covering the warranty is going to be pretty costly. Intel has been struggling financially for some time while still retaining the majority of the overall market. Are these linked?

No, that is largely a failure to return on investment on capital outlay trying to expand over a larger part of the business.

No, you just argued yourself into a corner with people who actually knew what they were talking about. That was a topic discussing another flaw in silicon.

Anyone can go back read the thread, not sure why you feel the need to misrepresent it.

We have been over that. Intels financial situation is reflecting the failure rate.

No - sales down and spending large amounts chasing the US manufacturing industry, AI, etc. which hasn't returned on investment yet if at all is what is causing Intel's financial situation.

The context was power consumption of the GTX260, later reviews like Anandtech showed there was a range of idle wattages on those cards which made it possible for both Wizzard and myself to be correct. But don't let facts get in the way.

The context was power consumption of the GTX260, later reviews like Anandtech showed there was a range of idle wattages on those cards which made it possible for both Wizzard and myself to be correct. But don't let facts get in the way.

Between your attacks you said you had data. I asked for that data and you got upset. Seems to me you’re only making these claims of being privy to inside knowledge to support your attacks/impress others, as per your MO.

I don’t care for either. You couldn’t come up with anything then, not even a brand name of the equipment, because it didn’t exist just as the data you claim to have/not have doesn’t now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom