Intel LGA1155 miniITX motherboards

Soldato
OP
Just to let people know, i've seen the ASUS P8H67-I and Intel DH67CF board up for sale in the UK.

OcUK still only seem to have the Foxconn for now though.

Soldato
OP
Intel around £100, Asus about £120. As it stands I still think the Foxconn is the one to go for at it's price unless you must have USB3/Wifi.

Soldato
Tempted by an upgrade.

Current is:

Q9450 @ stock
4GB DDR2
Zotac GF 9300-I-E Nvidia

Would the video performance be better running the on-board GPU on one of these H67 boards compared to mine? Also would an i5 sandy use less power than my current set up?

Soldato
OP
I have to admit, i'll probably just go for the Intel board again if/when I go Sandy Bridge.

I came to flash the BIOS today. Very worried as i'd lost three boards to duff BIOS flashes before.

Downloaded the file, extracted it, ran it.
Box pops up - "This computer will now restart".
Computer restarts.
On the bootup screen, it tells me it will now update the BIOS. Progress bar comes up, shows me how it's getting on.
Flash completes, system reboots, Windows boots.
All done.

Seriously, Intel may make some very simple boards with limited features, but what you do get, works incredibly well.

I think an Intel "Extreme Series" P67 mITX would make me wet myself. :D

Soldato
OP
Oooh, harder to find but they are out there. As the "all singing, all dancing" board i'd recommend the J&W 890GX-USB3 owned by our own Lunatic Dreyfus in this thread:

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18209716

If you don't want to spend that much there are offerings from Sapphire, and J&W that are cheaper. You just start to lose CPU support if you slash the budget (I only know of the 890GX-USB3 that can carry X6 CPUs in that form factor).

If you're serious about doing a mini ITX AMD build, i'd just stump up for the top board, saves headaches.

Of course, Bulldozer is showcased in less than a month, with retail ETA of April (ish). Can you wait?

Associate
Do we have any news of when to expect anything other than the Foxconn one? No doubt this intel problem will delay.

I have a foxconn board as a stop gap till a better board comes, I need more SATA sockets ;)

Associate
I have the foxconn h67s, and I cannot for the life of me find where I can change the RAM timings in the bios...sounds silly but I have honestly looked under all options, how do I do it?

Associate
so the ram I got states it can do 1333mhz @ 8-8-8-24 and cpu-z says its doing 665.3Mhz @ 9-9-9-20...

Am I losing out on a lot of performance? :s

Soldato
No it will be running at 665.3x2=1333mhz (provided you have 2 DIMMs?) but it will have 9-9-9-20 clocks so you are only missing out on the clocks which won't make a huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom