Intel LGA1155 miniITX motherboards

Soldato
i think i may be going itx on my upgrade, time will tell but im reading reviews about these that say there's no possibility to overclock at all so i may be holding out for p67 boards instead.

just had a scout around the net and it appears there is a Gigabyte p67 itx board int he pipeline. not sure if i can post the link so ill let you lot do the googling to be safe.

Last edited:
Caporegime
i think i may be going itx on my upgrade, time will tell but im reading reviews about these that say there's no possibility to overclock at all so i may be holding out for p67 boards instead.

If you have a 'K' 1155 CPU, can't you enable turbo mode or something, even on H67 motherboards? That's some sort of overclock isn't it?

I'm looking forward to these P67 ITX mobos. When these come out, I'll be building my living room gaming HTPC to coincide with the release of Battlefield 3.

zel

zel

Associate
I've always been disappointed with the consumer mITX boards.

Here's Kontron's sandybridge board, granted this is using the mobile chipset and will likely be 3x the price of the above boards, but surely there's a market for one of the big vendors to do something closer to this for a 50% price premium?

Soldato
I'd prefer some of the mainstream brands, after reading about a Commel board and lack of support. Unless Commel are classed as a mainstream brand too.

Soldato
Have to say that I am very impressed with my Intel DH67CF after having run it for about a month now. Everything works as it should, stable as a rock. The BIOS is also very functional, no-nonsense and well laid out. The instructions for various options in the BIOS is also written in good english rather than just stuck through a translator like most other BIOS' I've used before.

The only thing I'd change about it would be to have an onboard mini-PCIe slot for a wifi adapter. However, I got round that by using one of these: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z305/markwhiten/28KGrHqRiQE1Noo29f0lBNdt09dYg0_12.jpg. This lets me use a (better) laptop wifi card and if I ever swap to a board that does have onboard mini-PCIe then it's no hassle.

The fact that the SATA2 ports are broken is no problem for me either at the moment as I am using the two SATA 3 ports. I will of course swap it out eventually for the B3 revision but I'm in no rush!

I can only see myself changing this board for a Z68 one as the onboard GPU is more important to me than overclocking.

Associate
I'd prefer some of the mainstream brands, after reading about a Commel board and lack of support. Unless Commel are classed as a mainstream brand too.

Whats wrong with Commell boards? I've had mine 4 years now and its lasted me nicely. When I had an issue with it I contact Commell who did everything they could to help even though it was out of warranty and we got it working again :) I've no complaints from them except one very bad site to navigate and the costs... I'd buy again if I can afford it :)

Associate
Have to say that I am very impressed with my Intel DH67CF after having run it for about a month now. Everything works as it should, stable as a rock. The BIOS is also very functional, no-nonsense and well laid out. The instructions for various options in the BIOS is also written in good english rather than just stuck through a translator like most other BIOS' I've used before.

The only thing I'd change about it would be to have an onboard mini-PCIe slot for a wifi adapter. However, I got round that by using one of these: http://i193.photobucket.com/albums/z305/markwhiten/28KGrHqRiQE1Noo29f0lBNdt09dYg0_12.jpg. This lets me use a (better) laptop wifi card and if I ever swap to a board that does have onboard mini-PCIe then it's no hassle.

The fact that the SATA2 ports are broken is no problem for me either at the moment as I am using the two SATA 3 ports. I will of course swap it out eventually for the B3 revision but I'm in no rush!

I can only see myself changing this board for a Z68 one as the onboard GPU is more important to me than overclocking.

I am too, sub 10 on super pi and 10 secs to load from cold boot to login screen once you disable all the boot screen options

Very quick setup and now annoyed I didn't get a bigger case for a meatier graphics card, would be keen to do some graphics laden benchies now :)

Associate
Gigabyte H67N B3 m-itx is appearing for pre-order at quite a few places.
Most are claiming stock sometime this week.
This board will be a good stop gap until Z68 M-itx boards appear (for those of us interested in overclocking).

Last edited:
Associate
Gigabyte H67N B3 m-itx is appearing for pre-order at quite a few places.
Most are claiming stock sometime this week.
This board will be a good stop gap until Z68 M-itx boards appear.

I should be getting my Gigabyte H67N B3 through the post tomorrow and I intend to write a little system build on it. I'll let you know what I think of it when I have a little time to play.

Soldato
How is the Gigabyte H67N B3 any better than all the other H67 ITX boards that have been around? Features etc.?

It's actually available soon?

The Foxconn seemed to be nerfed to hell - no SATA III or USB 3, very limited Turbo mode. The Asus looks sweet, even though it is SODIMMs (not necessarily an issue as you can't overclock anyway and SODIMMs are about the same price), but it was a wee bit expensive and has vanished with the Cougar Point recall.

Not seen the Zotac or ECS boards available anywhere (probably not out yet) and apparently Sapphire said at CeBIT they're launching one.

Dear Asus: how about a ROG P67 Mini ITX? ROG Maximus Nano?

Back
Top Bottom