• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch 6 core Coffee Lake-S CPUs & Z370 chipset 5 October 2017

Permabanned
I have no clue but he has provided screens and what does he have to lose? If 8pack broke NDA it would have consequences for him and OCUK, some random guy on a forum doesn't have that worry.

Well I'm sceptical as I'm sure you can understand. He provided a screenshot of 6 cores running at 5.2ghz. That is it!

Permabanned
Im just dubios of this video, its the only source of anything that shows that score being so low.
As said, PCPER have dismissed this and so has BVTA.
But your willing to believe a random dude with a screen shot? No information as such just 6 anonymous cores at 5.2ghz.

Maybe it's that low because as Humbug has said it's not been overclocked. Would make sense though.

Soldato
What sort of a performance impact does the different versions have?
Older builds score differently. Look at his cinebench, that drive has been passed around a lot. There are results on there that you don't get on vanilla you download from the site. I'm betting its a very old build.

But your willing to believe a random dude with a screen shot? No information as such just 6 anonymous cores at 5.2ghz.

Maybe it's that low because as Humbug has said it's not been overclocked. Would make sense though.

I believe cpumonkey, BVTA and pcper. 3 sources to 1.

Permabanned
Older builds score differently. Look at his cinebench, that drive has been passed around a lot. There are results on there that you don't get on vanilla you download from the site. I'm betting its a very old build.

Ok that's up to you. when he goes into task manager windows reports the cpu at 4.37ghz. That's the all core boost is it not?

Caporegime

You obviously don't know that Ryan Shrout had to go back into that tweet and say he had not realised it was running at fixed clocks.

I mean did you even watch that video? its impossible to fake that, it is what it is.

PS: when Ryan Shrout says something, assume its an emotional hyperbole reaction to something or that he has the wrong end of the stick, thats what it usually ends up being.

Its an OEM machine, CPU boost is disable... cooling and all that. 3.7Ghz 1230 points.

Associate
Could be an engineering sample or pre-production BIOS versions and such, there are many reasons as to why performance there might not be the same as the final product, best take it with a bag of salt.
It could also be on point, but you know, better keep some skepticism for everything based on rumors and leaks :D

Soldato
You obviously don't know that Ryan Shrout had to go back into that tweet and say he had not realised it was running at fixed clocks.

I mean did you even watch that video? its impossible to fake that, it is what it is.

PS: when Ryan Shrout says something, assume its an emotional hyperbole reaction to something or that he has the wrong end of the stick, thats what it usually ends up being.

Its an OEM machine, CPU boost is disable... cooling and all that. 3.7Ghz 1230 points.

I did not see that tweet but if thats locked to 3.7 then the scores make sense. So 1500 at 4.7ghz is not so unbelievable.

Caporegime
Could be an engineering sample or pre-production BIOS versions and such, there are many reasons as to why performance there might not be the same as the final product, best take it with a bag of salt.
It could also be on point, but you know, better keep some skepticism for everything based on rumors and leaks :D

Its one of these with 2 extra cores... and the numbers add up to exactly that.

Permabanned
Completely agree.

Caporegime
Is that taking into account it's all core boost? You would have to assume it was operating at 4.2 unless turbo was disabled which it didn't appear to be.

No its locked to 3.7Ghz, at leat we should hope so because if its not with that score Intel have problems, it is just 3.7Ghz, which means that 1536 score was got with 4.7Ghz, which is not bad and what we should have expected if we didn't, its consistent with the 7700K IPC.

OEM machine, Turbo off, cooling...

Back
Top Bottom