• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel to launch new flagship Kaby Lake 7740K and 7640K CPUs in March 2017?

Soldato
Apache14;30491275 said:
This makes me think that intel always keep their "top tier" i5 / i7 unreleased until if / when its needed.

Like with the 4690K and the 4790K.

It wouldn't surprise me that they had a better skylake i7 / i5 in reserve for if it was ever needed :/

I'm sure Intel could do better if needed, but the enthusiast market isn't what it was and the PC master race don't need better chips. Intel haven't give a monkeys about this end of the market for so long because it's a tiny market compared to everything else Intel operate in.

I'd be very surprised to see a response from Intel to any desktop chip.

Associate
I suppose the good thing about intel cpu's only gaining a small amount of speed over the previous generation is that the consumer only has to upgrade every 5 years or so . so intel are shooting themselves in the foot I guess .

Back
Top Bottom