• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

Hmmmm nice price drops there.

My guess is we'll only see them reflected in online stored in August some time.

I guess I'll have to sell the E6600 i'm getting and buy a quad with it :p

Tom|Nbk said:
Easy get a grip, I was under the impression my CPU was stable from the preliminary stress test I had conducted, but I know know in future, Master Easy, I wont do it again honest. :o. As has been said before get off your high horse.

EDIT : Clocked at 3.5Ghz, 1.45 In bios 1.4v after droop, stress testing with blend priority 9, done 2 hours and a half so far :D

Thats all well and good now ;)

By the looks of it the E6850 and Q6600 will be both under £180.

I can show you the E6850 @ <£180 but its from a competitior. *cough* look at my thread in XS news*cough*

Happy days. :)

kkthxbye said:
Intel seem to be unstoppable atm, why all the price drops?

new stuff on the way out, clear stock
AMD also have new stuff on the horizon
drop the prices convince as many people as possible to upgrade b4 AMD release

Darren1987 said:
:D So when is the price drop going to actually take effect do you people think?

I reckon around the beginning of August, maybe even later.

It depends how fast the retailers gets rid of their current stock I guess.

Craig321 said:
I reckon around the beginning of August, maybe even later.

It depends how fast the retailers gets rid of their current stock I guess.

You can already see the effects of the imminent price cut now - all the Intel CPUs are discounted (quad-cores more so - look how cheap the Q6600 is at the moment). The last time, the price cuts were on OcUK on the day promised in the press releases.

The stock thing is not actually a valid argument as Intel simply issue a credit note for any CPUs unsold at the old price, so any CPUs you have in stock as a retailer become the same price as new ones you order. If Intel didn't do that then no-one would be stocking the CPUs at the moment.

I have seen the 6850 on sale for £182.13 and the 6750 for £138.65, both inc vat. It's quite a bit more than the US/UK price conversion but we always end up paying more than everyone else for one reason or another anyway.

Still i suppose £182 is'nt bad for a stock 3ghz, 4mb L2 C2D with a multiplier of 10x. With luck and good cooling hopefully that will see clocks of 4ghz+.

I don't call OCUK's £346.61 cheap for a Q6600 quad core though.

Last edited:
It's quite a bit more than the US/UK price conversion but we always end up paying more than everyone else for one reason or another anyway.

The $ price you see in the table is the reseller's cost not the SRP so they have to add thier margin to that and then vat.

Back
Top Bottom