• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel’s Price Reduction on July 22

From my exp. that used up more paste, resulted in terrible temps, was impossible to remove the heatsink and i didn't feel great about a cpu with what looked like a slab of butter on the top.

Robbie G said:
Your word don't make it law. People can post what they damn well want to, so climb down sucker.

If they want Epeen shots without stabilty then thats up to them ;)

If people want to put fake unstable CPU speeds in their sigs to impress others in forums thats just sad.

So climb down yourself Robert :D

Tried to get 3.6 out of my E6600 last night but it failed after 5 hours,voltage was set at 1.5000 in my bios but with vdroop it dropped to 1.424.

Temps were hitting 64 at full load which i guess isnt that bad on air,might try again tonight to see if i can get to pass the "magic" 8 hours.

Why should 24 hours of Orthos mean your CPU is stable, when 8 hours doesn't?

How do you know your CPU wasn't about to error out after 24 hours 1 minute?

What irritates me is when people do 8 hours of Orthos at 2.6Ghz, then 8 hours at 2.8, 8 hours at 3.0, 8 more at 3.1...

What's the point? Why don't you just clock it until it fails within minutes, then back down 50MHz and then try for an 8 hour run? Working up to it is such a waste of time; find the point of instability and then work down.

Last edited:
Mattus said:
Why should 24 hours of Orthos mean your CPU is stable, when 8 hours doesn't?

How do you know your CPU wasn't about to error out after 24 hours 1 minute?

Because none of my applications crash.

Supreme commander crashed 40 minutes into a turtle game when i was 8hr 46 stable.

lay-z-boy said:
Because none of my applications crash.

Supreme commander crashed 40 minutes into a turtle game when i was 8hr 46 stable.

How do you know that the crash was directly linked to a unstable overclock?

easyrider said:
If they want Epeen shots without stabilty then thats up to them ;)

If people want to put fake unstable CPU speeds in their sigs to impress others in forums thats just sad.

So climb down yourself Robert :D

Easy get a grip, I was under the impression my CPU was stable from the preliminary stress test I had conducted, but I know know in future, Master Easy, I wont do it again honest. :o. As has been said before get off your high horse.

EDIT : Clocked at 3.5Ghz, 1.45 In bios 1.4v after droop, stress testing with blend priority 9, done 2 hours and a half so far :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom