Internet Dating.....Who Has Done it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Looks like I stepped back onto Match in prime time. It's swarming with new year's resolution 'I gotta get a man' babies. Talking to five women and have three more messages in my inbox to service. February is going to be BU-Zeee.

what age are you 2 on match.com and what ages are the girls? the feeling i have is that match.com wont have younger girls because of the charge, so not be so good for me.

good to see a few people on here getting some good dates. Kimi: go for it, nothing bad will come of it even if she says she's not ready just yet.

Soldato
what age are you 2 on match.com and what ages are the girls? the feeling i have is that match.com wont have younger girls because of the charge, so not be so good for me.

good to see a few people on here getting some good dates. Kimi: go for it, nothing bad will come of it even if she says she's not ready just yet.

You would be suprised there seems to be more young girls in there early 20's rather than late 20's. Im chatting to a 24 year old, that wants to meet in the week. And i have started talking to another girl today whos 21 and i may get a date with her. I hope so she got a nice smile:D

Associate
Sent some girl a message with a fun question. Got a 2 world response. Went something like;

Me: 'Question'
Her: '2 word answer'
Me: I like your decisiveness but your conversational skills leave a lot to be desired.
Her: Yeah I should work on that. later.
Me: Being a semi-attractive female on a dating site I don't suppose to need conversational skills. (then made a fun comment about her profile)
Her: Hahaha you think you're going to get my attention by calling me semi-attractive?
Me: Nope, and from what I gather so far you're not someone I'd want attention from anyway, good day and good luck to you!

Maybe a little blunt from me, but her profile was the typical 'I'm hard to handle but if you can handle me at my best yadada'

It's really interesting seeing the mentality of some girls on dating sites. It's as though they sign up thinking they're the prize and not the pursuer.

Let the fun continue!

Soldato
^ :confused: what's the point in that...?! It makes you sound like a really bitter person who can't get any girls so have decided to make stupid conversation with random people for the sake of it.

You're clearly not keen on her profile to begin with, yet you message her in attempt to try and have a dig at her/her profile... And the point of that was..... Because it's 'fun'? :confused:

Associate
^ :confused: what's the point in that...?! It makes you sound like a really bitter person who can't get any girls so have decided to make stupid conversation with random people for the sake of it.

You're clearly not keen on her profile to begin with, yet you message her in attempt to try and have a dig at her/her profile... And the point of that was..... Because it's 'fun'? :confused:

I didn't set out to have a dig, nor did I make any negative remark to her about her profile. I asked a fun question to see what kind of person she is. If someone did the same to me I'd either not reply, or reply with a decent answer, not two words.

I'd rather find out what kind of person they are as soon as possible, rather beating around the bush and asking about their hobbies and so forth. It's all well and good finding about what they like, but it's more important to find out what they're like as a person, their sense of humour etc.

And the 'fun' part was a little sarcasm.

I wouldn't say I'm bitter, but have little patience for girls who give little and expect a lot. And hey, stupid conversations with random people usually turn out to be the best kind of conversations.

Associate
Sent some girl a message with a fun question. Got a 2 world response. Went something like;

Me: 'Question'
Her: '2 word answer'
Me: I like your decisiveness but your conversational skills leave a lot to be desired.
Her: Yeah I should work on that. later.
Me: Being a semi-attractive female on a dating site I don't suppose to need conversational skills. (then made a fun comment about her profile)
Her: Hahaha you think you're going to get my attention by calling me semi-attractive?
Me: Nope, and from what I gather so far you're not someone I'd want attention from anyway, good day and good luck to you!

Maybe a little blunt from me, but her profile was the typical 'I'm hard to handle but if you can handle me at my best yadada'

It's really interesting seeing the mentality of some girls on dating sites. It's as though they sign up thinking they're the prize and not the pursuer.

Let the fun continue!

i see your point man, i used to get women like this so much when i was on pof, thinking they were gods gift and would speak and say whatever,howether they wanted, but it just made them look like an unstable tool. when they used to do that to me though i just wouldnt give them the time of day and move on. its not until you meet the right person on there, that its apparent that 95% think theyre gods gift, just because they get 60 messages a day with mens penises, dosent mean theyre anything to write home about.

ive been with my girlfriend for 2 months now and its going absolutely spiffing. met her on okcupid. she was only signed up a day and was going to delete her account as she felt dirty. i heard a conversation the other day, all the best girls are socially secluded, you cant find them anywhere as they dont skank all over faceboook or dating sites, you only seem to meet them in most obscure circumstances.

Soldato
I didn't set out to have a dig, nor did I make any negative remark to her about her profile. I asked a fun question to see what kind of person she is. If someone did the same to me I'd either not reply, or reply with a decent answer, not two words.

I'd rather find out what kind of person they are as soon as possible, rather beating around the bush and asking about their hobbies and so forth. It's all well and good finding about what they like, but it's more important to find out what they're like as a person, their sense of humour etc.

And the 'fun' part was a little sarcasm.

I wouldn't say I'm bitter, but have little patience for girls who give little and expect a lot. And hey, stupid conversations with random people usually turn out to be the best kind of conversations.
Can you honestly say that you messaged her in hope for a decent conversation and for it to actually lead to somewhere? It sounded more like you was trying to provoke some kind of bitch reaction from her.

The girl probably replied with a 2 word answer because she was being polite and didn't want to blank you. Her second response "Yeah I should work on that. later." sounds to me like she's thinking "Yeah whatever, move along now :rolleyes:" but you kept replying back with bitchy comments. Maybe she has a sense of humour, but is not interested in wasting her time on you.

Care to share what your 'fun' message was?

Associate
Can you honestly say that you messaged her in hope for a decent conversation and for it to actually lead to somewhere? It sounded more like you was trying to provoke some kind of bitch reaction from her.

The girl probably replied with a 2 word answer because she was being polite and didn't want to blank you. Her second response "Yeah I should work on that. later." sounds to me like she's thinking "Yeah whatever, move along now :rolleyes:" but you kept replying back with bitchy comments. Maybe she has a sense of humour, but is not interested in wasting her time on you.

u mad bro? lol come on calm down man, if he wants to reply like that then that's his issue, no need to get all serious on it :p

Associate
POF are full of oddballs and fake people. Tried it and hated it. got couple of numbers and still in touch but they were the exceptions, but its mostly a bad free dating site where pervs go to try and get laid, and not just men, women too!

Associate
I'm mad? Lol, you're funny! I just feel sorry for those those who feel the need to act like that.

yeah just joshing with ya, but i reckon its out of frustration because i can totally understand as i been there, if they not interested they should just say thanks for message but your not my type, at least its a response.

Caporegime
yeah just joshing with ya, but i reckon its out of frustration because i can totally understand as i been there, if they not interested they should just say thanks for message but your not my type, at least its a response.

Women get so many more messages compared to men, if you get no reply then move on. I do get fed up with crappy 2 word replies though... why bother...

Associate

Well, yes. Why else would I message her?

Replying with 2 words isn't polite, not replying at all is more polite. I wouldn't say I was bitchy either, maybe a little harsh and sarcastic, but hey 'Banter! lolz'

But yes, having expectations of how a girl should respond (if she chooses to do so) makes me very bitter. Must be that past relationship, projecting all my insecurities and negative feelings onto all future women. Perhaps I should have pandered for her attention, heck them 2 word answers are great one-way conversation aids. Or maybe sent a 2 word question, that would have really got the ball rolling.

But hey, a guy who knows what kind of sense of humour he likes in a girl and tries to find out = bitter. But 2 world replies from a girl = being polite and girl power, amirite?

And, I asked her what the one thing materialistic or not she couldn't live without is and why. Maybe I should have just sent her a picture of my penis.

Associate
Women get so many more messages compared to men, if you get no reply then move on. I do get fed up with crappy 2 word replies though... why bother...

exactly, i mean i had one where i said hello, gave her a compliment and asked if she fancied a chat sometime, nothing full on, she replied and it seemed okay, 5 minutes in she states im a freak, and on a scale of one to ten how desperate i was, from a girl who had every pic with her on nights out, and a profile that stated "getting blaked" and ideal date as "bucking" lmao never go straight to IM chat before reading profile people lmao

Caporegime
exactly, i mean i had one where i said hello, gave her a compliment and asked if she fancied a chat sometime, nothing full on, she replied and it seemed okay, 5 minutes in she states im a freak, and on a scale of one to ten how desperate i was, from a girl who had every pic with her on nights out, and a profile that stated "getting blaked" and ideal date as "bucking" lmao never go straight to IM chat before reading profile people lmao

Sounds about normal.

My favourite recent one was a girl that stated she hates people that can't spell and 'larger drinking idiots'. Oh the irony.

Associate
Sounds about normal.

My favourite recent one was a girl that stated she hates people that can't spell and 'larger drinking idiots'. Oh the irony.

LOL! how about this one, girl asked me for IT advice, while asking she said i was "cute" you think wow result! then helped her and she said bye and blocked me! lmfao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom