Interview attire?

Caporegime
Hey guys,

Quick question what would you wear for an interview at a creative (web/digital marketing) company?

I’ve researched the company and they seem to be a relaxed office in jeans an t shirts, I was going to wear a suit and tie but the GF said that’s overkill and suggested smart jeans, white shirt, blazer and brown shoes?

There seems to be so much different info out there it’s confusing.

My last interview 5 years ago I wore a suit.

I know there’s a careers forum but posted here as was looking for some quick replies.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Iv gone to interviews in nice shirt, tie , trousers and shoes in past but to be honest it was 32 degrees outside

But I wear suits generally , get suited

Soldato
Everyone says suit, but I've never owned a suit, a pair of formal shoes or a tie and have done pretty well at interviews over the years. But if you have a suit, you may as well get some use out if it.

Soldato
I interview people regularly and honestly would not notice a suit if they were generally well dressed\smart. I was offered a VP position in a bank years back and never wore a suit once during the process. Times are changing.

Jeans are a mistake for round 1.

Commissario
Ask the recruiter to see what they suggest, if you're using one?

I would actually go against wearing a suit in this case, trousers and a shirt would be fine if it's a creative agency, even your GF's suggestion is fine. They generally won't care what you're wearing (unless you turn up in Sports Direct's finest tracksuit attire...)

FNG

FNG

Associate
I've recently be been to some senior software development role interviews and wouldn't dream of wearing a suit these days. It can also give the wrong impression to companies where behavioural fit for the role is all the rage these days. Check with your recruiter, but trousers and shirt (no tie or jacket) would normally be more than fine; I did all of mine in jeans and and a shirt and it did me no harm.

Associate
Depends on the company, generally I would say be formal and wear a suit, but if for example it were for a job in a circus then clown or gorilla costume.

Soldato
It doesn’t matter what you wear so long as you do the ocuk secret handshake

It’s like a normal handshake but you should grab the interviewers crotch with your free hand, it’s guaranteed you’ll get the job

Soldato
What is your actual job? I run a digital agency and would have a different opinion depending on the job role.

But, for the avoidance of issue, suit. And I'm wearing shorts and flip flops today.

Back
Top Bottom