*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

^
No chance, Apple are one of the biggest fabless semiconductor companies around these days :D
Those rumours are probably getting the S4 mixed up with the MDM9615 (28nm modem that's also used on the S4 die). http://www.slashgear.com/qualcomm-readying-4g-lte-chips-for-next-iphone-15234169/

A 32nm dual core A15/SGX544MP2 design is faster and cheaper than the current 45nm A5X and they've always been first to use new architecture.
It would be more surprising for them to use a quad core A9, which is still pointless and wasteful in a small handheld device.

Very true Sarge - what was I thinking! They make their own chips. I thought they got Samsung to make/fab their chips.

I'll be wowed if they use A15's - and kinda happy as it means A15's are ready for Androids soon.

Last edited:
No point what so ever in 4 cores in a mobile device just yet. Android handsets have seen some benefit but due to the nature of the OS being 'bloated' to support a billion handsets, its no surprise that it needs more grunt for the same smoothness. Although thats not to say the top end 2 core Android handsets were really all that clunky so the benefit could be questioned there too.

Currently have an Iphone 4 and I've been waiting for the 5 to upgrade. However, I'm starting to have doubts whether I'm just buying into the same old stuff with minor upgrades which is costing me a TON of money. (I will be buying the phone new from apple, then go to giffgaff £10 a month. Cheaper in the long run).

I'm kind of interested in the Galaxy S3, but I'll wait until apple announce what the 5 has going for it then make my decision. A bigger screen is a must, and looking very probably.

Looking forward to seeing what the iphone5 will bring to the table. Im due an upgrade in Oct/Nov so ill probably get one and see what its like. At the moment i have a Galaxy S3 which im currently liking very much so unless the iphone5 blows me away, ill probably sell the upgrade to make some money..either that or the S3 goes up for sale.

Better battery life, bigger screen. That's basically the main things i want our of a new one. Will see how it goes...

Im still rocking the 3Gs as well, been out of contract for 6 months now, so far Ive replaced the battery, the screen, the glass and the headphone socket/mute switch....

Poor little thing is limping along, the iphone 5 cant come soon enough, im hoping it will be a significant enough change that I'll actually feel the worth of my £700 or whatever it costs to buy outright...

One question, if Im still with Orange on a reduced plan, do I just request a micro-sim from them once Ive bought it?

Im still rocking the 3Gs as well, been out of contract for 6 months now, so far Ive replaced the battery, the screen, the glass and the headphone socket/mute switch....

Poor little thing is limping along, the iphone 5 cant come soon enough, im hoping it will be a significant enough change that I'll actually feel the worth of my £700 or whatever it costs to buy outright...

One question, if Im still with Orange on a reduced plan, do I just request a micro-sim from them once Ive bought it?

Yep or you can cut the sim down if you wish with a micro sim cutter.

No point what so ever in 4 cores in a mobile device just yet. Android handsets have seen some benefit but due to the nature of the OS being 'bloated' to support a billion handsets, its no surprise that it needs more grunt for the same smoothness. Although thats not to say the top end 2 core Android handsets were really all that clunky so the benefit could be questioned there too.

who cares how many core's it has - as long as it's fast and smooth and has good battery life.

I find the battery life ok but a bit better would be nice. No bigger than 4" screen please! Can't stand the tabphones you see rolled out by the other makes each month.

All the things you guys said but I would also want a better screen, comparing the current 4s to something like the HTC one X you can see that things general look better on the One X, I like the colors a bit more. I really wanna see it being pushed not interms of sharpness but overall quailty, reduce in reflectiveness.

Also I really I'm dieing for the day that you can have a smartphone with amazing battery life, hopefully we will see something like this.

Also after using a nexus with JB on it I can see that it is very very fast, and for once I can say without a doubt it was faster then the 4s. Hopefully apple can see this and push the iPhone here, it is not something that has ever really been an issue but I can see that smoothness is something they might soon not be the best at, given that wp8 looks to be a very smooth OS too.

All the things you guys said but I would also want a better screen, comparing the current 4s to something like the HTC one X you can see that things general look better on the One X, I like the colors a bit more. I really wanna see it being pushed not interms of sharpness but overall quailty, reduce in reflectiveness.

The 4/4s's colours are closer to 'real' then competing products. When viewing my images on the 4s they look exactly like I have them in Lightroom. When viewing on some other phones (especially the xperia models) they look falsely over-saturated and sharpened.

Each to their own I guess, but i prefer colours true to the originals.

The 4/4s's colours are closer to 'real' then competing products. When viewing my images on the 4s they look exactly like I have them in Lightroom. When viewing on some other phones (especially the xperia models) they look falsely over-saturated and sharpened.

Each to their own I guess, but i prefer colours true to the originals.

The new Sony line of screens are far from good but comparing the one x and 4s I just felt it won slightly in terms of contrast, brightness and overall colours, of course I could be totally wrong has I haven't owned a one x to compare long term.

Back
Top Bottom