*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

Sweet. My O2 order is waiting for despatch. Have a DPD number and all ready waiting to go next day. Roll on Friday hopefully. Shame it's DPD as they give up trying to find where i live.

They seem to think i live in a block of flats when i actually live in a victorian house split into flats in a beach seaside holiday resort...won't be happy if i get "carded".

EDIT - Just called up my local DPD depot and got through to a lovely chap who's going to make sure the driver rings me if he has any trouble finding me! Awesome!

Last edited:
Sweet. My O2 order is waiting for despatch. Have a DPD number and all ready waiting to go next day. Roll on Friday hopefully. Shame it's DPD as they give up trying to find where i live.

They seem to think i live in a block of flats when i actually live in a victorian house split into flats in a beach seaside holiday resort...won't be happy if i get "carded".

EDIT - Just called up my local DPD depot and got through to a lovely chap who's going to make sure the driver rings me if he has any trouble finding me! Awesome!

When did you pre-order?

No, I'm using my work SIM in my current 4s and they won't provide anything other than a normal SIM.

Would getting hold of a free PAYG nano-sim and using call forwarding on your work number work?

Alternatively, it looks like cutting your sim down should work, I've personally cut a micro-sim down to nano-sim size and sanded a small amount off the back, and it still works using an adaptor, so in theory it will work in the iPhone 5. I didn't end up needing to do this as I have a proper 3 nano-sim, but did it on a GiffGaff sim out of curiosity anyway :p

Not sure how you'd explain it to work through if you messed it up, dog chewed it? :p

I have a question for those upgrading from a 4 / 4s to the 5 - How are you justifying it?

Everyone expected the arrival of the 5, the rumours it will support 4G and with the 4G network finally arriving here I was all up for ordering it. However now it has been released the whole sh*tstorm that seems to be surrounding 4G means we don't have 4G and for most networks you can get it on, it seems either it wont work or if it will it wont be for another year or so. Which means forking out a couple hundred quid for a phone that is slightly faster, slightly thinner with a slightly bigger screen. I say slightly faster, as my 4 isn't yawningly slow and I doubt normal use you will notice the extra speed. Previously I upgraded from nokia 5800 to iphone 4 which was an upgrade but going iphone 4 to iphone 5 seems an improvement but less of an upgrade. I want to get it but stumbling a lot on the price.

Err my IP 4 is 2 years and 3 months old and been bashed around .
But the white 5 looks so pretty.....

Err my IP 4 is old battered and 2 years and three months old.

Would getting hold of a free PAYG nano-sim and using call forwarding on your work number work?

Alternatively, it looks like cutting your sim down should work, I've personally cut a micro-sim down to nano-sim size and sanded a small amount off the back, and it still works using an adaptor, so in theory it will work in the iPhone 5. I didn't end up needing to do this as I have a proper 3 nano-sim, but did it on a GiffGaff sim out of curiosity anyway :p

Not sure how you'd explain it to work through if you messed it up, dog chewed it? :p

Getting a replacement from work isn't a problem, I've had the same sim for 6 years, I must be due a new one soon.

I guess I won't know for sure until Friday and hopefully someone will have tested this.

Are you ditching your current phone(s) for this?

Quite possibly, yes!

The iP5 and Lumia 920 are both looking good at the moment. My favourite version of Android is Android on the Galaxy Nexus and I fear the new Nexus phone will be the 'usual' - outdated... possibly an S3 minus the expansion slot.

However, I'm not in a rush to grab one of these, I'll give it a couple of weeks so any early issues are sorted out... like the early reports of the anodising on the black model being a bit patchy.

I also want to try both colours before deciding!

The iPhone 5 is looking mighty fine though, I've always rated them very highly except for the screen size, and 4" is a decent enough size upgrade. My one concern was battery life and that seems to be very good.

Just placed my order online but they swiped the money straight away (APPLE)!!! Thought they waited untill dispatch (which is still a few weeks away)!

Out of all other phones the Lumia 920 looks to be a rather interesting offering.

The windows OS looks very nice compared to android. Just a shame the thing looks MASSIVE.

Are all networks charging existing customers for nanoSIMs or is it just T-Mobile?

ps3ud0 :cool:

It's a pain Getting one on voda at least, got what should have been the sim in the mail but the parcel was empty, tried to get one earlier today in the store and they won't issue blank ones, only move the current contract over to it which isn't ideal as I won't be able to use my current iPhone 4, I paid £2.50 for that empty parcel aswell:mad:

New one ordered from customer service, apparantly other customers have had micro sims sent by mistake.

Back
Top Bottom