*** iPhone 5 - Revealed! ***

tried mine twice on O2's website but no dice, so called them just now and it took 2 seconds over the phone!

same here, tried mine twice online and nothing, will give them a call

lol rang them, customer service person got half way through telling me to swap sim and BAM disconnected her and swaped LOL

Last edited:
I have a question for those upgrading from a 4 / 4s to the 5 - How are you justifying it?

Everyone expected the arrival of the 5, the rumours it will support 4G and with the 4G network finally arriving here I was all up for ordering it. However now it has been released the whole sh*tstorm that seems to be surrounding 4G means we don't have 4G and for most networks you can get it on, it seems either it wont work or if it will it wont be for another year or so. Which means forking out a couple hundred quid for a phone that is slightly faster, slightly thinner with a slightly bigger screen. I say slightly faster, as my 4 isn't yawningly slow and I doubt normal use you will notice the extra speed. Previously I upgraded from nokia 5800 to iphone 4 which was an upgrade but going iphone 4 to iphone 5 seems an improvement but less of an upgrade. I want to get it but stumbling a lot on the price.

But the white 5 looks so pretty.....

I've a question about the new nano sim.. Is it thinner than the micro sim? I know there are cutters appearing on Ebay to have them cut down to nano size but was told by a friend that this probably wouldn't work, and may even damage the contacts in the phone.

Nano sim ordered from tesco mobile

When is IOS6 released (time today?)
Is there anything else I need to do other than sell my 4S and buy a 5?

Actually, it seems the review embargo has just been lifted as Engadget's review is up now:
Battery life:

That's a huge surprise really. Most assumed any increase in screen size would eat up any battery advance. It's making me undecided yet again about which route to take :D

It will have to go in a skin for me now, especially if the edge coatings are falling apart with only a few days use. They might have to address that problem. There won't be anything like as many mint ones kicking around after 12 months if this is true.

I'm now a bit torn on the colour again, especially as the white model sounds less of a fingerprint magnet

Get a white version and remove the anodized layer on the unibody. Polished raw aluminium will make the phone look and feel absolutely epic! :cool:
(esp as the design seems prone to chipping like the HOS!)

Yep, think i need to find out if I can transfer the warranty on Zagg screen protectors to the buyer of my phone and also see if I can transfer the phone insurance to my new phone which I have with the Co-op bank

You can possibly thin the microSIM to nanoSIM thickness but it probably be fiddly - also no guarantees it will work either - I saw it done on a blog but as the iP5 hasnt been released no confirmation that a cutdown microSIM 100% works (though cant see why it wouldnt).

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom