• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Thinking I'll get one of these to replace my Note 4.

Kind of had enough of the android experience with the battery issues, lag and general annoyances. Admittedly most of these are more to do with Samsung than android itself, but it's still been enough to put me off for now. I've wasted far too much time fiddling with the Note trying to get it running the way I want.

So I think it's time to give an iphone a shot, and see if it lives up to the hype. Any advice/tips for getting one on release? I'm thinking a 64GB 6S+ should be the one.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Shut up and take my money! etc etc

I'll be getting the 6S Plus, but I'm more excited about the new Apple TV this year given the minor changes that come with an S model

Soldato
Could be interested in the rumoured iPad Pro but would really need to run MacOS rather than iOS if it's to properly compete with the Surface Pro.

Whilst I agree, this won't happen with "Gen 1" as they will push the multitasking aspect of iOS9. I suspect anything close to that will be 2-3 years (maybe longer) off as it will require more blurred lines between iOS and OSX

noj

noj

Associate
i'm waiting to hear if they announce anything on the Ipad air 3, my old Ipad 2 is now too long in the tooth and needing an upgrade.
Conflicting rumours between there being no new ipad air this year to yes, definitely being announced next week.

Associate
i'm waiting to hear if they announce anything on the Ipad air 3, my old Ipad 2 is now too long in the tooth and needing an upgrade.
Conflicting rumours between there being no new ipad air this year to yes, definitely being announced next week.

I'd probably say it will be a revamped iPad Mini 4.

Don
Thinking I'll get one of these to replace my Note 4.

Kind of had enough of the android experience with the battery issues, lag and general annoyances. Admittedly most of these are more to do with Samsung than android itself, but it's still been enough to put me off for now. I've wasted far too much time fiddling with the Note trying to get it running the way I want.

So I think it's time to give an iphone a shot, and see if it lives up to the hype. Any advice/tips for getting one on release? I'm thinking a 64GB 6S+ should be the one.

As an owner of both an iPhone 6 plus and a Note 4, I can say that you will immediately notice the battery life difference. If I leave my Note 4 on a table for a day and don't touch it, it will drop to 50% battery without me actually using it. The iPhone in the same scenario will lose maybe 10% tops.
The iPhone 6+ is also much, much, much faster to use than the Note 4. No lag, no waiting for stuff to open, no having to re-launch apps when all you did is switch away to check your email.

I detest my Note 4 because it's slower and gets worse battery life than the HTC One M7 it replaced. And we're talking about a device that's two generations newer.
Sure, it runs games at a higher frame rate compared to the M7 but when the OS lags to hell when doing something simple like opening a web page, I just don't care.

What annoys me is that Android as an OS is lovely. It's just companies like Samsung that are ruining the experience and putting people off.

Soldato
just had orange / ee ring me with a upgrade deal. ringing me back tomorrow (monday) to finalise it if i want. but now a bit unsure IF to proceed...

reason?
The new iphone 6s coming out.

Been offered
iphone 6 128gb free of charge
unlimited calls & texts.
10GB data
24 x £37.99

is it worth it. or do you think the new iphone will come out at same price/deal?

Soldato
I would be very surprised if you got the same deal on the new iPhone. Maybe on the 16GB version but not on the 128GB version.

Doubt you will get much better for a 6+ 128gb after the 6s comes out.

You tend to get good deals on the old phones just before the new one comes out as they get rid of stock of capacities that will no longer be sold. Given past years the 128gb will go in the refresh leaving 16 and 64.

Back
Top Bottom