• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is the 'iPad Pro' actually happening? I sold my 3 a month or so ago and held off getting an air 2 due to the keynote. I would much rather go for a Pro, will feel like a proper upgrade then, like my 4s to the 6 plus did.

noj

noj

Associate
still hoping for an ipad air 3....otherwise I'm looking at an Air 2 or the Mini 4 - I don't need a 12inch monster ipad

Man of Honour
That was a bloody terrible stream, stream cutting out, resolution kept increasing and decreasing and that Chinese audio over the top.

Something goes wrong with the stream every year. They would be far better of using someone else's service.

Yep I just follow the live blog instead as it was overloaded.

Caporegime
Spongy screen? News to me.

Yep, the screen gives way a little under pressure. My Mini Retina did it, my Mini 1 does, my brothers Mini 1 does it, my brothers girlfriends Mini 1 does it.

It's only very slight, but there's definitely a bit of give in the screen, at least the ones i've ever handled do. Not a deal breaker granted, but i'd prefer it to be like the 6 and be solid.

Edit: Thought I could remember a thread on here about it, few people mentioning the same thing. http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18574957

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Looking forward to this, will be getting one ASAP assuming it's not underwhelming... A spec bump across the board would do nicely.

One thing I do want, more RAM. Needs to be 2GB. If not I'll be very disappointed.

Caporegime
What time is this in the UK? I cannot wait to get my pre order in for my upgrade from the 6+.

By the way, what is a good price for my 6+ perfect condition with the Apple Leather case (black)? I was look for £450? Paid £700 this time last year.

Associate
What time is this in the UK? I cannot wait to get my pre order in for my upgrade from the 6+.

The announcement should be today at 6pm, pre-order usually goes live Friday at 6am.

Best to order via the app store app for the iPhone/iPad because for the last two launches the main website went live 10 mins later and it caused many to miss the pre-order.

I tend to have the app and website ready to go.

Man of Honour
More "leaks" from 9to5Mac:

•According to sources, the iPad Pro will actually start out at a 32GB capacity (which is still double the current 16GB base configuration of the iPad Air and iPad Mini lines) for $799. Apple will also sell 64GB and 128GB models for $899 and $999 a piece. The LTE-capable models we discussed earlier this week will likely cost $130 more per model, so we are likely looking at a maxed out LTE iPad Pro with 128GB of storage costing $1129, which comes in right under the base Retina MacBook.

•Besides a new Rose Gold color option, 4K video recording, 12 megapixel camera, 3D Touch screen based on the Force Touch technology, faster A9 chip, and more efficient wireless system, the new iPhones will have another much requested feature, according to sources: always-on “Hey Siri.” This will allow a user to activate Siri with just their voice by saying “Hey Siri.” Unlike with the current and past iPhone models, the device will not need to be plugged into power for this feature to work.

•The Apple TV will run a brand-new iOS 9-based operating system called “tvOS.” This naming convention is in line with the “watchOS” and “iOS” names of the Apple Watch and iPhone/iPad/iPod touch operating systems, respectively. We’re told that the operating system is based on the interface of the current Apple TV OS, but it includes lots of new iOS 9/El Capitan interface elements, including lots of transparency effects across the system. In addition to the Periscope app reported on earlier, we’re told that Airbnb is preparing an Apple TV app.

•Lastly, we’re told that Apple has been collaborating with well-known fashion brands on new Apple Watch bands and features, and at least one partnership could be discussed at tomorrow’s event. Some of these projects are still in the early stages, so it is possible that we do not hear about those until next year when the second-generation watch is introduced. New Apple Watch bands and gold color variations still sound like a lock, however.

and just in case you missed it:

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/04/apple-sep-9-iphone-6s-ipad-pro-apple-tv-watch/

Man of Honour
Have you got a oem or aftermarket CarPlay unit? Was contemplating getting a head unit, but wasn't sure if they were any good or not?

It looks good from the YouTube reviews. I've ordered a Pioneer SPH-DA120 for my Focus, it's 15% off in Halfords at the minute (via the website, unsure in store). Fitting should be this week if not next.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to this, will be getting one ASAP assuming it's not underwhelming... A spec bump across the board would do nicely.

One thing I do want, more RAM. Needs to be 2GB. If not I'll be very disappointed.

Yeah, if you have an Air 2 you quick notice how bad the iPhone was with closing apps. I've left things on my Air 2 for weeks come back without a single refresh. Right now it has BBC iPlayer, Safari with a lot of tabs, a few games, all in memory. iPhone on the other hand can only really handle one of those at a time.

Also, question, where do you guys off load your iPhone 6 too. I don't have anyone to hand it down too so thinking to sell it and either go with a 6s or the new Nexus/Z5 depending on how I feel about todays event.

Back
Top Bottom