• Iphone 6s+ - Gold: 128gb

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 64gb

Votes: 23 5.9%
  • Iphone 6s+ - Silver: 128gb

Votes: 17 4.4%

• Total voters
Associate
I've current got an iPhone 6 Plus 64GB. I'll probably skip the 6S and get the 7 next year. I really do hope they do away with the 16GB model and have 32GB as entry level. The trouble is, everything is pointing towards the 16GB being a possibility, especially with the app and OS size reductions they announced at WWDC :(

Soldato
I will watch with interest to see the changes, but honestly I don't think there will be anything to make me consider upgrading from my 6+ in either hardware or the OS.

Soldato
As an owner of both an iPhone 6 plus and a Note 4, I can say that you will immediately notice the battery life difference. If I leave my Note 4 on a table for a day and don't touch it, it will drop to 50% battery without me actually using it. The iPhone in the same scenario will lose maybe 10% tops.
The iPhone 6+ is also much, much, much faster to use than the Note 4. No lag, no waiting for stuff to open, no having to re-launch apps when all you did is switch away to check your email.

I detest my Note 4 because it's slower and gets worse battery life than the HTC One M7 it replaced. And we're talking about a device that's two generations newer.
Sure, it runs games at a higher frame rate compared to the M7 but when the OS lags to hell when doing something simple like opening a web page, I just don't care.

What annoys me is that Android as an OS is lovely. It's just companies like Samsung that are ruining the experience and putting people off.

The battery life has quickly become one of the top requirements for me. Flagship performance is pretty amazing across the board, web browsing and general app use is pretty flawless on a lot of phones now. But the battery life lets some down, hugely.

My Note 4 just about gets me through the day, but not with much usage. The standby time is abysmal, even though the drain while using the screen isn't actually too bad. It's not unusual to see the Note lose almost 10% in an hour with little or no use at times! It's not always that bad, but it's certainly pretty dire. The lag that's been on the Note 4 has been hilarious, but unacceptable. It took a year for Samsung to get an update out (the 5.1.1 update, which still hasn't rolled out to the majority of handsets!) which fixed the unacceptable lag that the phone shipped with. Absolutely not acceptable on a device that was £600+ at launch!

I'll definitely be going for something else this time around. The 6S+ is still the top contender, although Sony's Z5 Premium is also looking nice. I'll probably try and pick up a 6S+ on release, and see if I get on with it during the two week return window.

Associate
Hoping they announce the release of Apple music for Android. Want to check out the £14.99 family plan. It would cost me £40pm to set everyone up with Google music in my house.

Last edited:
Associate
I use OS X in VMware and watch it that way, have done for 3yrs and it works great.

I currently have the 6 Plus 128 GB and I will definitely be ordering the 6S Plus 128 GB on the second pre orders go live. Really hope that they up the RAM to 2GB as the phone really needs it. The 2 GB of RAM in the Air 2 has made a gigantic difference.

My mum will be having my phone and I will sell her current 5S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
Why don't they just stream it to YouTube or similar? Seems odd to restrict it so much.

I suppose it's their way of rewarding brand loyalty. Special products deserve a special launch and they know that prospective punters will buy irrespective of whether they see the launch live.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
I suppose it's their way of rewarding brand loyalty. Special products deserve a special launch and they know that prospective punters will buy irrespective of whether they see the launch live.

and full control over the streaming experience.

Soldato
This time of year is good time to the iPhone 6 at a good price, used mind but there will be a lot of them on sale very soon :) then it wil happen all over again in 2017 when people ditch their 6s for iPhone 7 (possible redesign ?)

Will be watching the event :)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
and full control over the streaming experience.

Ahh yes, full control so they can overlay the wrong language track so we can listen to the Chinese translation like the one last year :p

To be fair, the last one ran very smoothly for me.

EDIT: They probably don't want to use YouTube primarily as it's a Google company.

Updated OP with that info Cosimo :)

Associate
Ahh yes, full control so they can overlay the wrong language track so we can listen to the Chinese translation like the one last year :p

To be fair, the last one ran very smoothly for me.

EDIT: They probably don't want to use YouTube primarily as it's a Google company.

Updated OP with that info Cosimo :)

That was a bloody terrible stream, stream cutting out, resolution kept increasing and decreasing and that Chinese audio over the top.

Something goes wrong with the stream every year. They would be far better of using someone else's service.

Back
Top Bottom