iRacing

I missed out on most of Mosport last week in the Lotus because after just a few laps the game kept freezing for a second and when it started again I was off the track so not safe to drive around others.

Traced it down to the 6990 overheating and I suspect the EK water block which I bought at a time EK were having problems with plating and corrosion.

CPU is on the same loop and the temps are fine on that so something gone wrong with the 6990 block because its temps used to be great.

Anyway it was time for a change and ive not owned NVidia for a good few years so excited to get the new card.

Im hoping it can match the performance of my old 6990 + 6970 if it gets close ill be happy.

Get my new GTX 780 today hope it runs iracing nice.

Your OVERCLOCKERS order will be delivered today by Nikolay, your DPD driver, between 12:58 - 13:58.

I hope you'll be running something a bit more taxing than iRacing on your new card.

I run it maxed out on every setting at 1920x1200 with a GTX 680 and get over 100 fps with full grids.

Sat in my lotus 79 at Mosport full details no 2pass 473 fps.

The 780 seems to be on par or faster than my trifire cards.

I bought the new card because the 6990 was overheating something gone wrong with the water block and I fancied a change anyway.

Finished my first skip barber race! It's at my favourite track (Road Atlanta) at the moment so I bought that and have been practicing for hours and it's paid off big time, managed a 1.37.2 in practice which felt brilliant. I'm running high tire pressures and tweaked the ride height which helps with the lift off oversteer a lot - perhaps too much, once I get a couple races in I'll try a bit looser setup. Not tried the braking/accelerating at the same time thing yet but I understand that's pretty essential for decent times.

1:37.2 is pretty good tbh. I hate the skippy. I can't put into words how much I hate it and as soon as I get my C licence I'm never going to drive it again.

Disaster race on my last 1. got smashed into on lap 1 spun off the track a couple of times and ended up with 13 inc which gave me -0.18SR.

Would you mind sharing your set-up robmol? High 1:37 is my best and that getting a draft down the straight.

I felt exactly the same at first, I couldn't do a clean lap for a long time but i'm starting to enjoy it a lot more now.

30psi fr 29psi rear, -3 spring perch, anti-roll 5, brake bias 58%. The line you take down through the esses is the key to a good lap I've found, I still find it hard get right but you know when you do as you're flat out.

no 2 pass ????? What is that ?

How many monitors and resolution mate ? Just curious.

Single Samsung monitor 24inches.

Tried Spa as its the toughest track for a pc I think and all gfx settings maxed including 2pass my fps are between 300 and 400 and the lowest I get is around 229 on a couple of places.

That's just me on track in my Lotus 79.

TWO PASS is a option next to More shadows and increases shadow quality but causes a fps hit on my ATI cards but the GTX seems to be unbothered by it and fps stay the same with it selected or not so maybe that's because the GTX has 3 gig o ram and the ATI cards although had 6 gig only work like they have 2 gig.

Also the first thing I noticed with the GTX is how smooth the visuals are with single card.

Cant say I ever noticed micro stutter with xfire but I sure noticed when it was gone.

Back
Top Bottom