iRacing

Anyone about right now? I've only got the starter cars/tracks. I'm like, seriously bad. But it'd be fun to spectate some of you and maybe have someone spectate me and talk me through a lap or something?

Wooohooo, got my 1st race win last night in the Legends @ Boston South. Fun race and was right behind the leader for 3/4 of the race, nose to tail and then he bottled it and hit the wall as I sailed past underneath him ;)

Well chuffed :)

Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving Day in the USA and falls on the Friday after the fourth Thursday in November. It is a busy shopping day and is a holiday in some states.

If you already have a year or 2 left on your membership you can buy another year for half price on the black Friday deal.

I've never had a deal of any kind because I've been subbed for years and yet I've barely played in the past 2 years.

The black friday stuff, and a couple of other times per year (they usually do one around the time they went public, so august ish?), are open to existing members so you would be able to use them, just need to know when they're on (they usually send emails out?)

Got a $49 deal last week and have had a few road races. Really enjoying it at the moment and only been wiped out once! To be fair the the guy lost control of his car after touching the grass.

Had a couple of wins (It's a lot easier when you're not in the top split!) and a couple of 0 inc races.

3-4 more races and I *should* get my C licence (Road)

It's horrid with an 360 pad. I gave up after about 5 minutes. It's not Forza!

You really need a wheel, I started off with an old Logitech PS2 wheel which cost me about £15 in a clearance sale many years ago, so it needn't cost the earth.

I tried anyway and I agree.

I just can't get it right after hours of messing about with the sensitivity and deadzones.

To anyone contemplating using a controller; DON'T BLOODY BOTHER :D

Firstly im sorry for posting this in here, but seen as though there should be a few TH8RS owners right here in this thread it makes sense - My TH8RS has developed a play in the shaft, and was wondering what yours are like? Tension is at max for the purpose of the video, makes a blind bit of difference what i do with it.
Excuse my video skills not the best, but thats dead center, tension at max and that amount of play (normal or not)

Anyone about right now? I've only got the starter cars/tracks. I'm like, seriously bad. But it'd be fun to spectate some of you and maybe have someone spectate me and talk me through a lap or something?

I would do this for you when im next one. Enjoy watching people progress.

There are a few drivers who have won or competed for overall series titles using a joypad, drivers with iratings in the 5000+

I used to be able to smash my times on Live for speed on a mouse compared to my G25, doesn't make it the right way, or the most enjoyable way to play the game. I'm sure some people out there in this world if you gave them a real life f1 car hooked it up to any form of device they could with time master it.

Most of us wont be able to do that or have the patients. You can say what you want about a few people doing ok with joypads. I still would much prefer a wheel. I think most people would.

I don't no a single person I play I-racing with who doesn't use a wheel. There cheap enough if you are interested in Iracing can afford a PC to run it can afford the Sub and some content. You sure as hell can afford a cheap wheel.

I used to be able to smash my times on Live for speed on a mouse compared to my G25, doesn't make it the right way, or the most enjoyable way to play the game. I'm sure some people out there in this world if you gave them a real life f1 car hooked it up to any form of device they could with time master it.

Most of us wont be able to do that or have the patients. You can say what you want about a few people doing ok with joypads. I still would much prefer a wheel. I think most people would.

I don't no a single person I play I-racing with who doesn't use a wheel. There cheap enough if you are interested in Iracing can afford a PC to run it can afford the Sub and some content. You sure as hell can afford a cheap wheel.

Totally agree with Spils on this. Cheap wheels are all over the bay with a quick search.

I've been entering Mazda Cup races and even though I'm slower than everyone else I came 8th out of 10!! All because I never crashed and two folk in front of me did. :D I also blitzed my fastest lap by 3 seconds while racing. :D

Back
Top Bottom