iRacing

Associate
Full price can be extremely low if you buy full year or even two year subs.

I bought a two year sub for $99, works out to about £2.66 a month.

I know that doesn't include extra tracks and cars, but it's pretty good value on its own.

Ahh yeh. Think I need to upgrade my official microsoft wheel really. I need a lot of practice. Will get back on it tomorrow night :D

Associate
I paid for my two year subscription in advance. They just added it to my current subscription, which means I'm paid up until 31/12/15.

I will probably pay yearly if I manage to get in to it :) I think I need to do some different races. I feel its a little annoying waiting till bang on the hour for the next race to start.

Should be upgrading to a Logitech g25/g27 so it should be a little better. :)

Man of Honour
How long do they last though?

Can you not join private lobbies and the results go towards your license?

The Grand Am and Prototype series I race in are 45 minutes, plus 5 minute warm up. I know there's one race at the new Canadian GP track that's 75 minutes long.

Some of the D licence races are 25 minutes.

Only official races count towards SR and IR.

Associate
The Grand Am and Prototype series I race in are 45 minutes, plus 5 minute warm up. I know there's one race at the new Canadian GP track that's 75 minutes long.

Some of the D licence races are 25 minutes.

Only official races count towards SR and IR.

30 minutes I find is my favourite race length.

Can you do 30 minute races in the F1 cars? How often are these held? Once every 2 hours as well?

I read it can take up to 40 weeks to get the best license and im guessing that's 40 weeks of brilliant driving.

Once you get to the best license can you get de-ranked for driving badly?

Man of Honour
I think you can loose a license if your SR drops below 1.0.

I'm fairly sure that the F1 car requires an A licence to race.

F1 races are every two hours and are a set number of laps depending on track length. My guess is each race is around an hour or so.

If you want to know anything about a particular series just select it from the drop down menu on the home page when you login.

Associate
Go iRacing Again for Just $12
Members are raving about our latest software release; many say it's our best ever! So why not take advantage of this special offer, a 3-month membership for the price of 1? Click here to read about all of the latest features and content in our most recent release.

Result. Should be back online as soons as I can now, have to take advantage of that when I get payed.

Man of Honour
I was going to have a week off this week, because I didn't have this weeks Grand Am track.

So I moved my wheel and thought I'd give the DLC I bought for Rage and Dishonored a go. I spend a grand total of an hour setting up and playing both. I got bored very quickly, quit, moved my wheel back and bought Kansas Speedway.

Associate
I was going to have a week off this week, because I didn't have this weeks Grand Am track.

So I moved my wheel and thought I'd give the DLC I bought for Rage and Dishonored a go. I spend a grand total of an hour setting up and playing both. I got bored very quickly, quit, moved my wheel back and bought Kansas Speedway.

What wheel you using? I got the trial for rFactor. A lot say don't bother with rFactor, im confused. lol. Wanted something for drifting. Really cant get into iRacing

Soldato

I couldn't get in to Dishonoured at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about myself.

Man of Honour
What wheel you using? I got the trial for rFactor. A lot say don't bother with rFactor, im confused. lol. Wanted something for drifting. Really cant get into iRacing

Thrustmaster T500 RS

I couldn't get in to Dishonoured at all. Not sure what all the fuss is about myself.

I played and finished both Dishonored and Rage and enjoyed them both. But it's been that long since I played anything other than iRacing, I don't seem to enjoy them much at all at the moment.

Associate
Water block fitted ok on the GTX 780.

Loaded iracing and watched a oval truck race with 15 guys in it and highest gfx temps were 46c that's with gfx settings maxed and 2 pass and the fps were 300 plus changing to 600 depending on view selected.

Very pleased with the card temps seeing its in the same loop as 2600k @ 4.5 and the pc is silent again.

Idle temp is 27c

https://sites.google.com/site/ayupfromdik/files/johnwcgfxgtx.jpg?attredirects=0&d=1

Last edited:
Soldato
Did another race last night, and managed to get a nice healthy +0.15 on the SR for an oval race. That was a nice clean race with only two knocks that didnt register on the lap breakdown. Damn, it, I want more SR!!! I guess if I had done some more overtakes then I might have got a bigger +?

Back
Top Bottom