iRacing

Man of Honour
You never get big gains in rookie ovals.

I've won oval races without any inc and the SR gains have been tiny.

In C licence road races you can get +50 and more with 5 inc.

I think the SR gains are based on how everyone else did as well and the SOF.

Associate
your SR gain or loss has nothing to do with how other people in the race did with regard to SR.

Its based on a corners per incident stat

SOF has nothing do with it either, that determines how many championship points are available.

Man of Honour
So clean races on twisty tracks produce higher SR than ovals?

Makes a bit more sense now.

So how are SR losses calculated when you don't complete a race because you get wrecked?

Is that based in the the average inc per corner of everyone else?

Associate
your SR gain or loss has nothing to do with how other people in the race did with regard to SR.

Its based on a corners per incident stat

SOF has nothing do with it either, that determines how many championship points are available.

This is 100% correct.

Associate
So clean races on twisty tracks produce higher SR than ovals?

Makes a bit more sense now.

So how are SR losses calculated when you don't complete a race because you get wrecked?

Is that based in the the average inc per corner of everyone else?

Its calculated from start to where you finish.

T1 killer and your get a huge SR drop as you completed zero corners and got 50 x4 for taking out the whole field.

Soldato
SR is based purely on a cumulative 'corners per incident' value, every corner you take whether it's half a lap or 10 laps worth, and every incident you get (you won't get 50 4x's for a single crash, only ever a single 4x :p)

The difference licence levels take a look at a differing number of past corners, so the higher licence levels require you to be more consistent over a longer period whilst a Rookie can more easily 'forget' previous incidents.

If you get a plus or minus 0.5 level of change then that is because you get a 0.4 'bonus' as you go over a while number, this is to stop you rapidly switching over the whole number which is obviously used for promotions etc.

+0.15 is a pretty good result for a non-bonus improvement. Sometimes you get more, but that's mostly when you 'knock off' bad results (e.g. a 4x and one corner) off the end of the CPI that's being looked at for your licence level (if that makes sense?)

Associate
Well I just got a reply from support and they've offered me 12 months for $59, which sounds pretty good.

Sweet mate told you it was worth the try. There brilliant if your genuine didn't get much use out of what you payed for there discount you on the next one.

I cant think of any other compamy who would do that.

Soldato
Sweet mate told you it was worth the try. There brilliant if your genuine didn't get much use out of what you payed for there discount you on the next one.

I cant think of any other compamy who would do that.

True!

It's pretty much the only 'game' I play these days, so it's worth the money especially at a few quid a month.

... even more priceless when I laugh so hard at seeing cars pile up in my rear view mirror, I career straight off the track myself!

Associate
So my return to iracing has been fun so far im loving my new t500 with 458 wheel, my first race back I run the mx5 at lrp and come 1st LOL followed by a 6th at Michigan then a 1st with the indycar, ive been mostly running the indycar fixed im looking forward to the official t500 load cell release my custom t500 load cell mod has "issues" under maximum braking so im gonna be running ovals until thrustmaster get this pedal mod out.

Soldato
I've been reading the forums a lot yesterday and am very tempted to try and make my own pedal set similar to Sams. Doesn't look that hard. Just need to cost it all up. If it turns out to be cheaper than buying some nice fanatec elites, then I might have a crack.

Associate
Fancy doing a practice session in the Mclarens this week barmy? Learning the new track completely from scratch so will take a couple sessions to get up to pace.

Associate
Do they ever have sales or offers on content? I've seen that the membership is often offered with a discount, just wondered if they ever knocked down the price of tracks or cars?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
Fancy doing a practice session in the Mclarens this week barmy? Learning the new track completely from scratch so will take a couple sessions to get up to pace.

Should be able to turn some laps on Thursday.

Do they ever have sales or offers on content? I've seen that the membership is often offered with a discount, just wondered if they ever knocked down the price of tracks or cars?

Thanks.

Not in the two years I've been a member.

The cheapest way to buy content is 6 items at a time, that way you get 20% off.

Soldato
I don't recall ever seeing discounted content, but as barmyllama says there are a few levels of discount, iirc the whole list is:
3 items = 10%
6 items = 20%
'Full' Road = 25%
'Full' Oval = 25%
All Content = 30%

Associate
Wheres the MP4 at this week and next ? can anyone let me know. Radical also anyone know where thats at this and next week. May resub tonight/this week.

Associate
Awesome I dont have Philip Island and Montreal, Ill resub Tuesday when everything changes over.

Really cant wait to drive the Mp4 again I really started to get some pace in it when I had to let my sub run down and didn't have the money to renew.

Is the UKI group still running the MP4 ? I'd like to get back into that. In my first race I had a really good result. Even beat some of the vets off here :D

Back
Top Bottom