iRacing

Associate
In real life I love it. Would be a day one purchase for me. Its a very high speed track. So forget the MP4 Im sure the Corvette, HPD, F1 car etc are an exciting drive.

But with a holiday thats cost me and the gf a fortune in less than 2 weeks I cant afford any extra content. I shouldn't resub. But saved up some beer points and Iracing sent me a 3 for 1 so it would be rude not to.

Associate
Didn't manage to race this week due to getting married on Saturday and now in off on honeymoon number one, so no racing for two weeks now.

Well done mate.

In other news I just resubbed not quite has good as getting married but im happy :D anyone on this evening may pull the wheel out ?

Associate
I will probably have another go at in the McLaren at 15:45 as its my 'free' go and I've made some tweaks to the set and qualified. I've also got a 'free' drive in the Star Mazda around watkins glen.

Send me an add Splis - Craig Wise

Associate
I will add you when i get home this evening craig. I dont have this weeks tack, hopefully an hosted session, will be up for next weeks track. How do last seasons mp4 sets get on with this build. I have a handful of sets i built for last season, will they work ?

BTW when do we have the barma OCUK STAG Race. In a car of your choice ?

Associate
Waiting for my G27 to come (should be here tomorrow) but just subbed to iRacing to get it all installed and ready.

Just had a quick test around Laguna In the MX5 with the Xbox controller and completed 4 laps, the best being a 1 min 48. Don't know how that fairs but expecting to be a few seconds quicker with the wheel, was hard work on the game pad.

Cheers

Associate
Man of Honour
I will add you when i get home this evening craig. I dont have this weeks tack, hopefully an hosted session, will be up for next weeks track. How do last seasons mp4 sets get on with this build. I have a handful of sets i built for last season, will they work ?

BTW when do we have the barma OCUK STAG Race. In a car of your choice ?

Only on our third day so it will be after Monday 9th September.

Associate
Having a mare at the moment. Screen keeps just going black while I'm racing. This is not very helpful to say the least!

I still have sound and feedback in my wheel but I have to hard reset the pc to get out of it.

I have not changed anything, nvidia drivers are still 320.49 from 01/07. I have just tried the beta drivers but same thing still happens. My CPU is the only thing that is OC'ed but that has been like that for 6+ months

All temps look ok (as soon as I look at them after I've reset the pc anyway)

Been robbed of a 1st and 2nd because of this in the star mazda around Road Atlanta :(

Not sure why this is happening. Looks like a few others on the forums have the same issue.

Soldato
If your screen's going black, but you can still hear the sim runnign in the background, then the first thing I'd look at is an overheating graphics card. Open the case, point a fan in there, and race like that.

If the problem goes away, I'm right. If it doesn't, I'd still be looking at either the GPU or the PSU... though a struggling PSU is more likely (IME) to cause a reboot than a graphics freeze.

Man of Honour
When my screen went blank but I could still hear sound, MSI Afterburner reported normal temperatures from my GFX card. In my circumstances the screen went blank and I could still hear sounds, but I didn't hear the sound of my car crashing until a fair few seconds after it would have happened in the game. That's why I assumed in my case it was a connection or network issue.

Soldato
That's why I assumed in my case it was a connection or network issue.
I'm not aware of any packet-related issue which could cause what you describe. If the local code loses touch with the server you usually just see all the other cars disappear, then eventually get kicked off the server.

It's possible there's a new bug, but black screen and continuing sound is -- IMO anyway -- a classic sign of GPU issues; normally overheating. It's a very easy thing to rule out though, and the open case/fan thing is one of my first ports of call in any debugging session, along with running Memtest to rule out flakey RAM.

Soldato
When my screen went blank but I could still hear sound, MSI Afterburner reported normal temperatures from my GFX card. In my circumstances the screen went blank and I could still hear sounds, but I didn't hear the sound of my car crashing until a fair few seconds after it would have happened in the game. That's why I assumed in my case it was a connection or network issue.

Graphics driver crash? Had them a couple of times in other games recently. Game continues playing, graphics disappear for about 10 seconds until the driver restarts.

Check the event logs.

Associate
Hi guys im re subbing to iracing later first time since 2010! Just got myself a cheap Logitech DFGT, Is there some kind of OCUK league or a way to add friends on here.

Going to put a few ££ into new cars etc any recommendation? Think the Lotus 49 looks like a handful but great fun also Corvette C6.R looks like my type of car prob the Mclaren also.

Looking forward to some good races in the future :)

Back
Top Bottom