iRacing

Associate
i just realised mine was capped to 84 (default Iracing settings) just uncapped it and now running in the high 200's. Is it trial and error or is there a sweet spot for this game?

Associate
120fps should look smoother than 84fps, assuming you have either a 60Hz or 120Hz monitor, because it syncs perfectly with refresh rate. Because of this, 60fps also looks smoother than 84fps to me.

Apparently 84fps is ideal for avoiding tearing, but it just looks choppy as hell to my eyes.

Associate
Depending on the series, they are every hour or every 2 hours, 24 hours a day. They will be more populated at different times of the day and different days of the week.

I am fairly new so can only comment on the lower series, but most of them seem popular enough to get a good race.

There are always relatively cheap trials on offer, take advantage and see how you get on. I resisted for a long time due to what I saw as high costs, now I'm a fan.

Associate
no 24 hours at the moment, they are in the process of developing and releasing team racing which will include driver swaps for endurance racing.

Associate
Had a couple of races for the first time in about a month. Radical around Road America. First race I was making my way through the field then someone dived bombed me from 3 car lengths back going into T1 :rolleyes:

Second race was going really well until 3 laps to go. I had a bit of a moment on the last turn and lost 3 places ending up 6th :(

Good to be back!

Associate
I'm still thinking of getting involved with the Radical, do you find the races are well-populated?

It is still pretty active. All but one this week was an official race at UK prime time slots (1845 and 2045). At the weekend you'll get races from 1245.

Have to see what happens when the clocks go back.

Man of Honour
I'm definitely going to give this a try when I get my steering wheel, the Cadillac promo seems to be still going but do you need a US address? Also I'm unsure what steering wheel to get, shall I get a G27 or a Fanatec?

Yes you need a US address.

As for which wheel to buy all depends on your maximum budget.

I believe that Logitech are re-launching the G27, so it maybe worth looking into that.

Back
Top Bottom