iRacing

Man of Honour
I think at least one of the OcUK forum members that plays iRacing has a Fanatec setup. Can't remember who it is though.

The full top end Fanatec setup is on my wish list for the future, hopefully sometime next year. Maybe a nice cockpit and three screen setup to go with it.

Associate
Ill just say one thing. Hardware does not make the driver. I was playing ona G25 that even one of the Iracing devs said is broken after he helped me test it. WIth a set of pedals that the brake stuck on and the throttle spikes.

I still had a very good Radical season that season. Finished well in the Mx5 races and Mustang ones I entered also and beat almost everyone on here in the MP4 races. Nice hardware will help immerse you it will not make you a fast driver though.

Hutu says it all DFGT and a set of g25 pedals. The guy is the fastest iracer out there all on a setup that costs around 150 quid.

Associate
Greger used to use MSFF wheel and pedals when he drove GPL but when he joined team redline and started racing pappy nascar sim with Andy Wilke all the team redline drivers got top of the range BRD kit which is what my brother DIK has and will be getting the Fanatec kit today but that BRD kit I paid half for 10 years ago cost £1000 for the race frame speed7 pedals and the wheel and that's what Huttu used ten years ago but I don't doubt he could drive close to his top times with just a MS non FF wheel that cost £50 because that's what I used when I started GPL but what the BRD kit does is make you more consistent and allows you to drive at or close to your best times lap after lap and you crash less.

Associate
Well brothers wheel and pedals arrived ok and got to say they look fantastic.

His pedals have a brake damping gizmo that my mark1 pedals lack and also a very tasty black compared to my bare ally.

Dik has got it all wired up and working and lined up to where he wants it all but will leave the drilling and bolting it all in place until tomorrow as its late now and next door are all at home now.

That wheel make my G25 look like a toy and must say im tempted but ive just spent a bundle on 2 gtx 780s and water blocks and my credit card is shaking already lol.

Man of Honour
Well brothers wheel and pedals arrived ok and got to say they look fantastic.

His pedals have a brake damping gizmo that my mark1 pedals lack and also a very tasty black compared to my bare ally.

Dik has got it all wired up and working and lined up to where he wants it all but will leave the drilling and bolting it all in place until tomorrow as its late now and next door are all at home now.

That wheel make my G25 look like a toy and must say im tempted but ive just spent a bundle on 2 gtx 780s and water blocks and my credit card is shaking already lol.

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this kit.

Associate
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on this kit.

I cant fit into his race frame as im twice his size so ill not be able to drive it but ill pass on his thoughts on it when he has got it setup and used to it.

Ill expect him to be a few seconds slower than normal times after non FF BRD wheel and Speed7 pedals but the look and feel of the wheel I can tell its a class bit of kit.

Associate
Ah yeah cool; wanted that wheel myself but with the bmw GT rim although I couldn't justify the cost/hide it from the missus. The pedals are awesome though I love mine.

Back
Top Bottom