iRacing

Associate
As I'm still new to iRacing, Lime Rock is a new circuit to me so still trying to learn it

Does look like it will be difficult to overtake though and I imagine people do banzai moves where it just won't stick

Regarding the C Spec - I actually really like driving it, yes it is a bit of a challenge to get used to but I find it quite rewarding to drive and I'm not too bad on pace

That said though Monza combined w/o chicances is not a race I'm that keen on so I might skip that but I had a blast racing at Okayama even though I did bend my car!

Man of Honour
Lime Rock is one of the included tracks with a base subscription. It's also used in the Rookie class, so a lot of drivers have done more laps of it than the paid for tracks. I used to hate it in the MX5 when I was a rookie, but I like it in the Skippy. Racing it in GT3 is insane and not in a good way.

Soldato
Managed to set my first world record tonight during qualifying in GT1 at Bathurst, hurrah! But then grazed the wall in the race and screwed my steering and had to limp home fourth instead of going for the win. Poo.

Here's hoping for a bit more consistency at Monza next week.

Associate
Well done on the WR! That is a godly time at this track! I really like the Aston here, driving it flat out is very rewarding, even though it never ends well for me after a few laps at that tempo!

I see iracing have identified the problem you reported, but not before the first big Blancpain race, so the first race results are being scrubbed and a fix issued next week. Unfortunate but I think it's for the best if people got an advantage.

My OSW project is gathering place, my servo arrived yesterday from China and I have all the main parts now. I just need a PSU and the components for wiring and some time to put it all together without burning the house down.

21825632361_fb7571fbe2_z.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
the problem is WR are being set all the time now because of the random grip and hp levels due to the bug thats currently doing the rounds,hopefully it should be sorted next week.

Soldato
Yeah, it's a shame they couldn't get the fix in time for BES. I guess it's fair they scrubeed the result though as there was a lot of people saying the weather made them faster/slower than it should.

The OSW looks great. Is that easy to mount to the Obutto? Will you have to drill a new baseplate?

Associate
I think I will have to drill a couple of holes to mount it, the base plate is already there though, a couple of guys who already did have posted pictures so i know it wont be a problem. I'll be mounting inverted as I always found the CSW sat a touch higher than I'd like, and I'm 6'1.

Associate
Finished my OSW last week ( small Mige ) , mines also mounted on an Obutto Ozone which is flexing somewhat when steering under load , had to drill 4 holes for the mount, but wasnt too tricky.

Associate
Nice one, would you be able to share an electronic parts list to help me out? It seems easier to find the parts from America from the iRacing forums.

Is it an Ioni build? 1x/4x?

Associate
Yes its the Ioni 1x, i'd started ordering bits a while back, got the 1x pro kit via the Indigogo campaign & the Holger split bush, Ascher Mount + a Sparco wheel / Leo Bodnar board / Dennis Speare Plate / Shifters from a Fanatatc static paddle kit for the CSW that i badly hacked to fit

But then Ollie started advertising his kits a while back, so he sent me the rest of the bits i needed, pretty straight forward, all the wirings pre done, so only a few bits i wasn't sure of.

Its not a very neat build, i couldn't quite fit it all in as I expected once the Servo cables connected, hence the PSU on plastic ties in the air ! But i've since moved stuff about in the case a bit better ( its a cooler master Elite 130 ) . Also added a 24v Fan since bear in mind a 12v standard PC fan wont work with the 48v/24v PSU's used here.

Still a bit of tidying up around the rig , permanent earthing cables needed to counter the EMI issues you'll get. My pedals spiked loads, so needed an earth from the USB connection on the pedals to the Frame of the rig. Its also suggested to solder one from the bare metal of the Servo front to the rig as well

VJABto3.jpg.png

QoZOdC2.jpg.png

GuNw6eA.jpg.png

Last edited:
Associate
^^
And some thoughts on it's performance!

It bloody hurts !

I've absolutely no idea how anyone runs one at 20nm. Some cars I can get a bit closer, but its really hard work on the wrists and shoulders, and i'm no stranger to the Gym and always ran previous wheels G27 / T500 as high as i could.

Generally running at about 40nm in the Iracing settings, when showing NM and Linear the Scale goes large to small. No sure why its backwards ,but thats half as much as 20nm , not twice as much.

At very high settings the feedback feels a bit notchy to me but apparantly theres another swap in encoder being beta tested to double the resolution and smooth out the Miges a fair bit.

Associate
Thanks for that, I think I'm using a linear PSU (when they come back in stock) looks like you can get them with 48, 24, 12v or failing that I might just write 2 in series and have push/pull on the case. Either way, using a linear PSU means i won't need a logic PSU.

Soldato
Thinking about giving this iracing stuff a go. Seems like a great time to join - with the 'nurb soon to be released as well as weather.

Before I jump. I'd like to get a rack that can hold three monitors. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom