iRacing

Associate
Hey Terry, will hook you up tomorrow when next on. Ive knocked fuel, tyre and windscreen off when pitting, so looking just to serve the black flag without any car technical change. Looking to get into D asap!

Cool! Don't worry about quali, just start from the back in races, and just take it easy, and keep it clean...You will soon get to D. You have a while until you can get promotion anyway :)

Man of Honour
If you speed in the pits at any time you'll get a black flag after you exit.

You'll also get a black flag if exit the pits and cross the white line, that marks the pit lane while rejoining the track proper.

Soldato
COTA - I hate the place! Tried to learn it in the C-Spec and couldn't get on with it so I bailed. Now it has come up on the GT3 schedule and I still hate it.

I find it really boring to drive and as a result I don't think I'm giving it maximum effort, anyone else feel the same?

I think CoTA is one of the worst tracks on the service. Yet professional drivers seem to like it.

My hate probably comes from a lack of skill to feel comfortable running consistent laps. Having said that, I do like Bathurst but I'm no good at that track either
COTA is a dreadful place. Triple screens helps as then you can at least see the apexes, but there's no satisfying corners. The esses aren't bad, but the last right/left/right/left has to be taken a lot slower than you want to tee up the line for the next corner. Not to mention the god-awful, grip-less, soul sucking, crap fest after the back straight. It's just frustrating.

IMSA is good fun this week. 29 laps around Montreal in clear weather. It makes the tyres feel like jelly after 3 laps. I haven't hit the wall of champions.... yet.

Associate
Had a good race at Zolder last night in GT3's, qualy'd about 8th I think but managed to finish 5th

Was quite funny following RUF's for a few laps until they got spat into the wall coming out of a slow corner

Really enjoy this track, running the BES here at the weekend too

Associate
I just can't get on with COTA either, I always find it to understeer far more than I'd expect, no matter the weather (in the C-Spec of course) I watched a Porsche Cup race there last month and it didn't look like that for the drivers there.

Only a couple of hours away from finishing my OSW and I've managed to (through my own stupidity!) break my toe! As a result I'm off 'driving' for 6-8 weeks! :(

Man of Honour
I just can't get on with COTA either, I always find it to understeer far more than I'd expect, no matter the weather (in the C-Spec of course) I watched a Porsche Cup race there last month and it didn't look like that for the drivers there.

Only a couple of hours away from finishing my OSW and I've managed to (through my own stupidity!) break my toe! As a result I'm off 'driving' for 6-8 weeks! :(

I'm sure if Alex Zanardi can race real cars without both legs, you can manage to sim race with a broken toe :D

I don't think I'd be able to stop myself if I had all that top end hardware waiting to be put through its paces.

Wish you a speedy recovery.

I've reached my target to buy a Fanatec set up. Sold my V2 pedals too, so I've got to wait until the end of November before the V3's are in stock. So enough time to save for the shifter as well. Looks like I'll be dropping £1300 Fanatec's way at the end of the month.

Last edited:
Associate
Servo now looks like this :cool:

22791711561_3c53cbe29d_c.jpg

I'm about half way through the wiring now, been taking my time but I'll sort a bigger update later on!

Cheers chaps.

Barmy are you getting the sequential/H pattern shifter? I love mine, would only upgrade to something that cost significantly more. Maybe they'll have a sale just in time for your order, black friday must be close right?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^^
Looking sweet.

I need another £180 to buy the V2 base, BMW rim, V3 pedals and the H patern/sequential shifter. The fact that the Fanatec shifter plugs into the wheel base and has seem less change over from H to sequential is a massive plus over the TH8 I had.

I've actually got a G27 and a NES and a few games to shift, so that last £180 is easy done really. Just a case of how long I want to be without a wheel for.

Fingers crossed they do the same Black Friday sale as last year and I get the Formula rim for free. Black Friday is also the same day the V3 pedals are back in stock, so I've got to wait until then anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
Just looked on the Fanatec site as you got me interested with this black Friday talk, didn't realise just how much their wheels cost! 750 euros just for the base, then you need pedals as well

Think I'll stick with the G27 for a while longer

Associate
Yeah that's what I mean, I'd probably stretch to 750 euros for a base and wheel if it was really good but 300 euros for a wheel rim is chuffin steep!

Associate
But not in America... As they have things made in China and were paying in usd they were taking a bigger hit with the fall of the euro.

It still seems like bad business to charge your locale more than abroad. That said I still like their products.

Man of Honour
Apparently there were two reasons for the EU price rise.

First was the forcing all EU products to carry a two year warranty, in the US it's a one year warranty. The other was currency related. What used cost them $70 was now costing them $95.

I didn't read in any detail, those are just the bullet points I remember.

Man of Honour
You also have to account for the fact that all the EU prices included VAT at 20%, were as in the US all prices are quoted before sales tax which varies from state to state and is added at the checkout.

That's why when I buy digital downloads from Amazon.com I use a US address in a state that has 0% sales tax.

Man of Honour
Had a great race in the Skippy last night. Took me 8 laps of bumper to bumper racing to make a clean pass. Really satisfying that I managed to race so close without binning it or taking anyone out. Who'd of though finishing 8th would feel so good. Just a shame all races don't go the same way.

Associate
Not had the time to get any Skippy practice in this week, been too busy preparing for BES at the weekend

Hopefully I'll get a skippy race or two in over the weekend though

Back
Top Bottom