iRacing

Man of Honour
This kit has made me a second quicker.

I'm normally around 2-2.5 seconds off the fastest guys in the Skippy in practice. After about ten laps practice I was within 1.3 seconds with an optimum that was only 0.9 off the fastest. I know when I go into races they will be even quicker, but I do more practice than racing so it's a better benchmark for me.

Just picking out some karting gloves for someone to buy me for Chrimbo. Might go the whole hog and get some boots too :eek:

Man of Honour
Went the whole hog and asked for racing boots as well as gloves. If nothing else it will keep my feet warm.

First race for a month.

Started 15th in the Skippy and finished 10th, missed 9th by 0.03.

Probably could've finished a bit higher, but made a mistake on lap five and lost a few places. Made them back but lost time to the pack. The guy behind kept putting his nose in places when he should have been backing slightly off and following, making us both loose time.

I actually passed him on the outside of Blanchimont, not through skill, but sort of by default due to his tight line and lack of speed. He then stayed very right and forced me off the track. Then he just disappeared, I assume that was one incident too many and he got disqualified.

Associate
With regard to boots, got some Alpinestars Tech 1-KX - granted expensive, but due to lacing system very quick and easy to put on and take off.

Better bargain was the Alpinestars Tech 1-K kart gloves, cheapish but lovely fit and feel, very happy with them.

Soldato
Another season done then. 2nd place overall in IMSA with the C7 DP and 4th in GT1. I was leading GT1 for most of the season but a terrible last two weeks put paid to any chance of a podium. Here's looking forward to the Nurburgring, next season and hopefully 6k iRating :D

Soldato
I just lost my division in the Kia cup to a BSR colleague of mine by a handful of points. At least I won the one that counted with the prize money attached though!

Looking forward to the 'ring. We expecting the two halves to be the usual price?

Soldato
Thanks. We got 2nd place in the teams, I won the PRO-AM drivers title by a very small margin.

I'm interested to know what the racing boots are like. I've been using the CSPs with just socks so far. They're a bit cold at first but they do warm up. I did try slippers with the G27 pedals last winter and very quickly put a hole in them!

Last edited:
Soldato
Nothing different for me just now. Although I'm promoted to B Class road, so that might change.

Sayin that, I need to concentrate on one championship, too many time I have jumped from road to oval for a couple of weeks. Will probably stick with the Skippy and maybe do some GT sprint races in the Aston.

Indy Oval schedule has nothing on it I particularly like, hopefully A class oval has Daytona or Talladega, not looked at it yet..

Dup

Dup

Soldato
I wear my Puma Drift Cats when driving and ith racing games. Casual trainers but great for driving in. They doi some nice suede ones too.

Associate
Got AC working under Windows 10. FFB is probably the best of all the games I've tried so far. FFB in pCARS was a bit weak and vague in places, but the pedal motors work without any extra software.

Just done a practice session in the Skippy with Fanaleds installed. That really enhances what is already a fantastic experience.

I love this new kit. Although it does make me wonder, if what I have is this good. How good must a DD wheel and super hi end pedals be?

AC is fab but for the best force feedback get stock car extreme, reiza studios nailed it close to perfection and better than any sim imo.

Back
Top Bottom