iRacing

Man of Honour
I can see me rifling through the boxes tonight, but won't have chance to try anything out. Probably won't be able to resist by tomorrow night.

But I did show restraint when the Obutto arrived earlier this year. I think it arrived midweek and I spent the weekend putting it together and setting everything else up.

Soldato
Boxes have been rifled through, bolts have been screwed in. Scratched my head for a few minutes trying to work out how the table clamp (ordered that extra) came apart to get the baseplate off.

Only glitch so far has been some weird conflict with my keyboard, where it won't load the Fanatec control panel. Once that's unplugged the software works as intended.

Firmware updated ... and into iRacing for a quick test session in the Kia. First impression - good god the force feedback is strong! Rifle through the manual and work out how to dial it down via the wheel. On 75% it's feels about right. On default settings it's a completely different experience to the G27. It's smoooooooth and there's a lot more nuanced information through the force feedback.

I'll fire up the Xbox One later, see how it is in Forza 6.

I think at this point I'll go back to the G27 for tomorrows league racing as it's second nature. Then get cracking on learning and tuning in the Fanatec.

Soldato
Honestly magic, race with fanatec. Get the wheel tuner prog from iracing forums so it can calculate the min force etc.

Two hours of practice with it and it will feel right.

Muska, I did Bathurst in the Audi r8 GT within pcars and I got the exact same feeling as you get in corsa, so it must be a setup thing for your specific wheel.

Associate
Yea, I did a bit more digging and I have found some settings to try later tonight, hopefully I can make it feel better as I do enjoy hot lapping in PCars. I do think it's the OSW crashing PCars too, I don't fully understand fully what it is but others have reported the same problem.

I had seen this video, so I know good FFB can be found in PCars :)

Hoping to put together a POV video of my own in the next couple of weeks.

Soldato
Honestly magic, race with fanatec. Get the wheel tuner prog from iracing forums so it can calculate the min force etc.

Two hours of practice with it and it will feel right.

There's some trophies up for grabs, so I'm being cautious. I'd pretty much got myself and the G27 dialled in over the weekend.

There's a practise session tonight, so I'll try the Fanatec and see how it goes.

Man of Honour
Yea, I did a bit more digging and I have found some settings to try later tonight, hopefully I can make it feel better as I do enjoy hot lapping in PCars. I do think it's the OSW crashing PCars too, I don't fully understand fully what it is but others have reported the same problem.

I had seen this video, so I know good FFB can be found in PCars :)

Hoping to put together a POV video of my own in the next couple of weeks.

I hope you'll be doing it properly?

Full Nomex fire suit, racing overalls, boots, gloves and a helmet :D

Man of Honour
Soldato
No christmas decorations in mine unfortunately. There's also a cable to connect the wheel to the pedals for Xbox use out of shot somewhere.

2015-12-02%2011.40.33.jpg

2015-12-02%2011.47.24.jpg

2015-12-02%2013.50.51.jpg

(Yes, my desk's a mess!)

Proper cockpit next...

Soldato
That BMW rim, wow, just wow. That's a serious piece of hardware, same for the shifter. Really looking forward to testing it out.

The BMW rim is really nice. I used one at the Brands Hatch Race Hub place when I was there for the BTCC a couple of months ago. The Xbox rim is decent quality textured rubber but I'm missing the nice leather from the G27 a bit at the moment.

Man of Honour
So glad I went for the BMW rim over the universal hub rims, it just looks the business.

That POV video a few posts back, looks like he's in his jimjams or he's borrowed his trousers from Jackie Stewart.

Soldato
Nicely done guys, so much fun to be had.

Magic, the desk stand you have is the same as mine, I removed the top part that swivels. 2 small allan key bolts loosen the pole off inside the hinge, then pop it out. It allowed me to mount the stand that came with the wheel so much better on my desk.

Also, fitted a Leo Bodner Sli-Pro to mine tonight.

iRqkhxM.jpg

Associate
The SLI-Pro fits well on there, are you running it with Fanaleds? If you are can you assign the lower 6 LED's a function with that software?

Yes, those trousers are as naughty a Sir Jackies were at the F1 finale!!

Soldato
The SLI-Pro fits well on there, are you running it with Fanaleds? If you are can you assign the lower 6 LED's a function with that software?

Yes to it all.

Anything from Kers%, to Low Fuel to virtually anything you want.

Fanaleds is probably the best software out there that I have used.

Soldato

I bow down to your expertise - you were right about running the Fanatec. I'm on my usual pace and could race happily with my cohorts so the G27 plan is now out of the window. The brake pedal feedback that Fanaleds provides is excellent. If anything I'm now making time into the tricky turn one at Daytona Road.

I just need to sort out the RPM leds for the KIA, They're triggering very early so it's flashing pink (?) for the rev limit most of the way through the green zone on the dash, which lights the room up like it's a Chemical Brothers concert. That said Fanaleds doesn't seem to fully detect the Xbox rim - shows as unknown.

The SLI-Pro looks very nice. Is there a mount to attach it to the wheel?

Took me about 15 minutes of head scratching to work out the clamp. I was trying to persuade the pole out without realising there were two allen bolts holding it in. I'm impressed with the table mount - the desk flexes before it does.

Soldato
I bow down to your expertise - you were right about running the Fanatec. I'm on my usual pace and could race happily with my cohorts so the G27 plan is now out of the window. The brake pedal feedback that Fanaleds provides is excellent. If anything I'm now making time into the tricky turn one at Daytona Road.

I just need to sort out the RPM leds for the KIA, They're triggering very early so it's flashing pink (?) for the rev limit most of the way through the green zone on the dash, which lights the room up like it's a Chemical Brothers concert. That said Fanaleds doesn't seem to fully detect the Xbox rim - shows as unknown.

The SLI-Pro looks very nice. Is there a mount to attach it to the wheel?

Took me about 15 minutes of head scratching to work out the clamp. I was trying to persuade the pole out without realising there were two allen bolts holding it in. I'm impressed with the table mount - the desk flexes before it does.

No expert at all mate, trust me, i'll keep my road irating to myself ;)

You can adjust each car to use it's own RPM setting within fanaleds, Advanced - Car Settings. It did used to fill automatically when you ran each car and it detectedit, don't know what happened there.

The SLi-Pro I have, was actually built for my old G27, just re-modeled the holder. You can buy one very similiar to it from here

http://simracinghardware.com/product/fanatec-csw-pro-race-sli-mounting/

which is actually built for the CSW.

I knew you would find the braking so much better, especially when you said you were racing the Kia, I guess in the BTRC?

Back
Top Bottom