iRacing

Man of Honour
I turned my PC off and went to bed early.

They either need to be better prepared when releasing new builds and highly anticipated content. Or implement an offline mode so you can at least use your subscription in some way while they sort things out. It's not like they post any apologies on main page when the service is down.

Associate
I don't think you should have to hunt for information but they've made announcements on their twitter & Facebook pages. It sounds like we can expect it to remain down for some hours yet.

It's a shame, with such an anticipated build I think they'd have been better to release the new track/car and drip feed the rest over the course of week 13 so they can easily identify any problems that arise. And offline testing should definitely be incorporated.

Associate
It seems that the last two updates have caused a lot of drama. Being a software dev myself I can fully appreciate these unexpected issues but like a few have said already they should do some kind of staging of the content

Allow you to buy tracks/cars before they are released and then just unlock them on release day, I imagine as soon as the service comes back up it will get hammered with everyone buying new tracks and cars

Hopefully they get it online during today and by the time I get home from work there might be a chance of me getting online

Associate
I did the pre load link last night, it includes the new McLaren but not the ring. Purchasing was a problem last if using anything other than iRacing credits. Hopefully that's fixed now though.

Associate
A friend of mine is reporting its up, and he's currently lapping the ring but I just get a security warning when trying to load the site on my phone. I imagine it will get hammered the minute its up so problems might be sporadic for a little while yet. Good chance to get the Christmas shopping out the way! :D

Soldato
Was about to say it's back up again, but sloooooow. There's a notification at the top saying they're working on performance and download issues.

Just attempting to purchase the Nurburgring GP and Nords again... again.

*Edit*
Nope still can't buy anything with a credit card. 'Application Not Running. The application at this location is not available and is likely being updated. Please check back soon.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom