iRacing

Aaaaaaand it's down again. I guess everyone in Europe getting home from work has killed it. Again. Again.

I did at least manage to buy the Nurburgring this afternoon though - despite the receipt page giving me an error, the transaction went through. I've downloaded the content via the direct link, so as soon as the site's up I'm luanching the sim and not shutting my machine down till this is all sorted :D

Last edited:
Noticed that Muska was playing, logged in with Chrome. A message at the top of the screen said issues with Edge. Had to update Chrome and install service, prompted to restart PC. Now it's down again.

I managed to get into a test session on Nords with the C-Spec. Performance is amazing. I barely dip below 145fps. (I have everything maxed out)

If anyone would like to watch me (crash a lot) add me on Steam and request to watch my game.

Last edited:
Cant actually startup the sim, getting the failed credentials error constantly.

Man, I was going to have a blast on the MP4-30 around the ring...

I'm done for the night, it seems to be luck if you get on the member site, launch a private session asap and don't close it till the service is stable again.

It is easily the best version of this track from all the sims I've tried it on. It's not disappointed at all and it feels amazing to drive with my trusty C-Spec. I can't imagine me liking another car at this track more. The small lumps and bumps on the track along with there not being an unrealistic level of grip makes lapping there sublime. For the first time at this track I feel like I'm tracking out realistically.

Running my wheel at half power with settings I'm happy with its a real workout doing a full lap, the carousel loading up with G-Force, i have got a dab on tonight! oh and the new tyre sounds are excellent. You can tell which tyre is losing grip, or if you're skidding/locking up and put a wheel off track and listen to the tyre shake the grit off afterwards.

Despite the woeful launch of this update, things are looking very bright ahead :)

nothing ever changes at iracing failquarters,ive been there almost 5 years and sometimes i do wonder if they actually know what they are doing,i know it cannot be easy but if i failed at my job as many times as they have i would have been fired.

I'd hate to be an iRacing developer, the amount of times I've pushed/released broken stuff but with a minimal audience it's generally fine :p

They also put themselves in a corner, they've only got a week, sounds like a lot but they simply can't do rolling/expanding releases like other software companies do (where say 100 people get an update then a few days later once that's proved ok 1,000 people get it to test etc etc).

But ultimately it's week 13, it's what it's there for, it's an annoyance sure but not entirely unexpected, if it starts creeping into the season then there's cause for complaint but for now, meh? :p

Back
Top Bottom