iRacing

Soldato
Something def wrong there Barmy. I have a i5 2500K @ 4.2 with a 970, running on a 3440x1440 mon, everything up full all bells and whistles and it flys, even at the ring I get anything between 85 and 192fps unless I vsync it..

I had something similiar with ARMA 2 / 3. The thing that fixed it was installing the Intel SSD driver management programme, think it must have also installed some drivers as it cured the stuttering straight away.

Also, try moving iracing to a different drive..

Last edited:
Man of Honour
No overclocks on anything.

Just clean installed W10, can't finish downloading iRacing as it's down again.

Downloaded and installed latest drivers for everything.

See what happens when iRacing is back up.

It's definitely just iRacing because AC and pCARS are fine in triple screen.

Soldato
Frame rate round the Nordschleife with my usual very high settings and 40 cars tonights was OK. Most of the time it's 84, dips a bit around the pit area with the views over the GP circuit to a minimum of 58.

They've done a stunning job of the track.

Race 2 got cancelled as it dropped. Again. A fair few guys were getting the sim quitting out with Memory exception errors which is a bit concerning.

Associate
Is the GP track terrible performance wise for anyone else? Like 30-40fps terrible? It's a real contrast compared to the Nordschleife.

I tried to watch the BSRTC stream of the race but it was so choppy it was unwatchable sadly.

Associate
Yea, I did ask if it was a problem with the stream but I don't think he read the chat.

Hmmm, me and 2 team mates are all having problems with only the GP track, extremely low FPS. One runs lots of low graphics, one high and one full.

Soldato
Don't think he did. Although I did nip off and make some food during the early part! Hopefully he wasn't broadcasting the chat room...

I did have to stifle a laugh after the Clio Cup champ came storming through the field, then stacked it about half a mile after I let him past! :D

Just tried the GP track, dips to mid-60s fps on the main straight, 80+ everywhere else with no cars.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Back up and running iRacing.

On the default iRacing settings when I first start the game seems to be running ok.

It's maxed the game apart from hi def mirrors off and all cockpit mirrors off. I modified the settings to set up triple screen rendering correctly, but left everything else I left alone. Constant 83 FPS and it felt smooth. Apart from around the pit area, where it drops in the 70's but seems to be stuttering. When I unlock the frame rate I'm well over 100 fps all the way around, getting over 200 in places. More importantly that looked and felt smooth. Still need to test with other cars on track as well and also in races, which was where I had issues before if I didn't use V Sync.

As for the updates and the new track. It's a big thumbs up from me, but they still need to work on performance and service stability.

Associate
4:15 from an SSD for me and that's not for the combined. I don't mind though, I generally spend ages there once it's loaded.

The developers mentioned currently they only use one core for rendering the track while loading, I'm not sure if its a dx9 thing or not but allowing all cores/threads to be used would help immensely.

Last edited:
Soldato
It takes a while. Did a bit of testing and loading up the Nordschleife replay from the other night takes 2m35s from an SSD, 3m10s from a mechanical drive on a spare machine. It's not a controlled test - same amount of RAM, i3 with integrated graphics and Windows 10 vs rig specs below.

I'm seeing iRacing use pretty all the available RAM, so I've ordered another 8GB just to be sure

Soldato
Mines about the same; 2:30 from an SSD. From what I understand on the forums the time is taken decompressing the track and loading it in to memory, so the HDD/SSD isn't the crucial factor in the loading time.

In other news, if anyone needs a new wheel there is a shop which has a world of personal computer components selling G29s for £180, and with shifter included for £205.

Soldato
Until now I'd have agreed with you. Most games are still 32-bit so are capped at 2GB, or 4GB if they're large address aware and running on a 64-bit OS. I've only seen a couple of 64-bit native games, iRacing and ETS2 so far.

iRacing increased the 64-bit RAM usage with the new build. According to the release notes :
The System Memory Working Set slider now goes up to 8GB when running the 64-bit version of the simulator. Separate system memory slider settings for the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the simulator are now maintained in the "renderer.ini" file. The new 64-bit setting will default to 2GB less than the RAM installed on the PC, but this value is also clamped between 2GB and 8GB.

With the 'ring I'm seeing 95% RAM usage, and occasional bouts of paging. At £30 for a matching RAM kit for what already installed I'm happy to experiment.

Man of Honour
Until now I'd have agreed with you. Most games are still 32-bit so are capped at 2GB, or 4GB if they're large address aware and running on a 64-bit OS. I've only seen a couple of 64-bit native games, iRacing and ETS2 so far.

iRacing increased the 64-bit RAM usage with the new build. According to the release notes :

With the 'ring I'm seeing 95% RAM usage, and occasional bouts of paging. At £30 for a matching RAM kit for what already installed I'm happy to experiment.

Keep us informed. As you say it's a very cheap upgrade if the results are favourable.

Back
Top Bottom