iRacing

I've been racing in the Thursday series for a couple of years. The last "season" was 37 weeks between March and December, the latter half of which ended up on Motors TV. I was chatting with one of the admins last night who was asking to find out if I knew anyone that might be interested in the Saturday series.

So if Kip asks, John sent you, LOL. ;)

Is the oval series going to coincide with the Daytona 500 like previous years? I've let my sub lapse but always enjoyed having a go at the 500. If one of you subbed guys could kindly let me / us know what week it's going off I'll sub up for a month just to get in on it.

I've raced with some of that group before and it's a good lot, not a fan of the Kia though, fwd sucks :p

banja, doesn't look like they've put up the schedule yet but I'd put money on the Daytona 500 happening, think it's been every year for a good 3 or 4 years now and insanely popular. I'll try to remember to post as/when they put up the list of events.

First time I had driven the car in anger, absolute blast apart from the horrendous understeer, although that can be comtrolled by the throttle/brake or lack of using them.

Schedule for the race is below.

09/01/16 - Okayama (free track)
16/01/16 - Charlotte Road course (free track)
23/01/16 - Laguna Seca (free track)
30/01/16 - Brands Hatch (Purchase required)
06/02/16 - Daytona road course (free track)
13/02/16 - Lime Rock (free track)
20/02/16 - Phoenix Road Course (free track)
27/02/16 - Spa francorchamps (Purchase required)
05/03/16 - Summit point (free track)
12/03/16 - Silverstone GP (Purchase required)

Is the oval series going to coincide with the Daytona 500 like previous years? I've let my sub lapse but always enjoyed having a go at the 500. If one of you subbed guys could kindly let me / us know what week it's going off I'll sub up for a month just to get in on it.

Haven't been on iRacing for ages but still follow them on twitter. They just posted this:

CYC2_hDWMAETeCI.png:large

No racing for me this week. Skippy is at Miami, so I'm not buying another Oval with a Mickey Mouse infield track that gets used once every two years. Got caught doing that a couple of years ago, can't remember the track, but I've not raced it since. GT3 at Canada, no thanks, that will be a week of wrecking.

No racing for me this week. Skippy is at Miami, so I'm not buying another Oval with a Mickey Mouse infield track that gets used once every two years. Got caught doing that a couple of years ago, can't remember the track, but I've not raced it since. GT3 at Canada, no thanks, that will be a week of wrecking.

I'm of a similar feeling, I've not driven Canada but I can sense it being a wreck fest and I seem to have a target on the bootlid of my BMW Z4 at the moment!

Might do some races in the C-Spec at Laguna Seca though

Miami has a surprisingly good infield track, I bought it some time ago for RUF Cup on a whim and really enjoyed it.

Jplays is about to race the skippy there. http://www.twitch.tv/jplays

I might race GT1 this week myself too, I really like MoSport.

The only thing that interests me from the special races is the Bathurst 1000, possibly the Nurburgring 24 if the Audi R8 is released by then.

Last edited:
Haven't been on iRacing for ages but still follow them on twitter. They just posted this:

CYC2_hDWMAETeCI.png:large

Thanks for that. I think they are the special events?

I was just coming to post about that, so I was wrong, no Daytona 500 which is a bit surprising...

I'm fairly sure last time I did it the 500 was part of the standard Oval series, I can't believe they won't be doing it. Just need the dates :)

Back
Top Bottom