iRacing

My internet has bombed out past two nights, down from 75/19 to 5/4 with a ping time to bbc of 150ms, dutch iracing server of 200ms.

So I best stay off any online races just now.

Thanks for hosting though Muska, we should do it on a monthly basis.

Yeah that was good fun, thanks again for hosting Muska

Managed to throw away my lead (did something happen around the bus stop on lap 1? gained a lot around then) not long before the pit stops by spinning in the bus stop, and somehow then lost time in the pit stop but all ended well :p

No worries grumpybeard, didn't lose much time, had to just go for it and hope you'd see me and we wouldn't come together, so all good :)

Good last few laps with barmy, I wasn't able to break the draft so kept it close. Also with Philipp just before that, shame you spun on the entry to T1.

That was a good laugh, thanks for turning up :)

If you missed it this time I'm sure we could sort another one or something on a monthly basis.

I've never raced the Skippy before, cracking little car!

Edit, Jon got a bit tangled with me at the bus stop lap 1 and I think he had to pit early as a result. Definitely some close racing and lead changes at the front! :D

Last edited:
You braked a tiny bit earlier than I expected and I think I locked up and ended up rear ending you

Shame really as I think it would have been a great battle, qualy times were close except for P1!

Just out of interest what sort of times were you guys doing?

I did a few laps earlier thinking about joining but it would have been my first race for nearly a year (since the Daytona 24 hours) and while I felt okish by myself (a bit rusty, but OK), I decided I'd be too much of a liability in traffic.

Howler, I think I take it a little easy there on lap 1 as I don't trust the back end much then! Usually I brake just before the 1 marker :)

I managed a 2:11.3 in Qual for 2nd place. Somehow after our coming together I did a 2:11.2 in the race!

I wouldn't worry too much about being competitive though, I'd rather everyone turned up and had a good time. Maybe we could do an oval next time with cautions so we stay packed up if there is a smash.

Last edited:
Yeah I brake at the same point as you there, should have pulled my brake point back a bit. I normally do when racing

Oval sounds interesting, never done an oval race

We could do the Gen 6 cars at Daytona as its a free track. That is basically the carb cup and a flat out track where you can bump draft etc. It's worth giving the real carb cup a try, it doesn't affect SR/IR and it helped me with close racing as you're bumper to bumper at 200+mph for 20minutes.

Part of my Obutto wheel plate has given up on my DD wheel! I thought I had been fighting it more the last day or so and one of the stems that run underneath for strengthening has broken its spot weld! Should be able to find somewhere local to sort it for me but I think that will only be a temp fix.

Anyone fancy a new years day race, in the evening might be best!

Maybe the opposite to last night, do a short track. Lime Rock in the C-Spec for example? Or could do an oval race if people prefer?

I'd rather a non-superspeedway race :p but I'd be up for some Oval stuff.

I almost find the superspeedways boring, kinda odd as it's not really but at the end there's no enjoyment out of it, just stress most of the time :p

Even places like Charlotte (Also a free track :p) where there's a bit more 'skill' involved in the lap (having to at least lift, if not occasionally break) are far more fun imo, whilst still mostly maintaining the oval nature of closer racing. Although it is possible to get a gap and then keep increasing it, unlike the superspeedways.

Not too fussed which, and got 100% content so no worries there, as long as I've recovered I'll try to be there :)

Superspeedways are kinda unique, both because they're so damn big and also because of that the cars are fitted with restrictor plates, limiting top speed to just over 200mph, this means they're flat out the entire way around and that (depending on aero rules at the time) either a train of cars or a pair of cars use bump drafting to go as fast as possible.

It's rare, but doable, for bump drafting (where you actually connect/hook-up with the other car and stay in contact) to be used at any other circuits so it ends up being a very different racing style, as well as the different skill set in setting up the car, getting the corners right as they're not flat out, and even managing the car over the run.

Back
Top Bottom