iRacing

Soldato
is there a week 13 this season? cant find any details about it. Trying to get 3.0 to move to A class, currently at 2.6 so wondering if I can hammer some races before season end.
Yes there's week 13 every season as that's when they do major updates. Occasionally like towards the end of last year week 13 last for two weeks as they was trying to balance out the seasons.

Man of Honour
Managed to get a couple of 0x races in at the Nordschleife in the Radical this week, it's 5 laps so it was around 0.5 SR at a time. Got 0.9 yesterday as I crossed over 3.0. Annoyingly that put me at 3.7 so if I had time to do one more I'd have probably got an instant promotion to my A License anyway but at least I'll get promoted after this week anyway with it being a new season

I'm going to avoid this weeks races. Porsches at Monza and BMW's at Sebring? LOL No thanks, those would be scary during a normal week, but during week 13? Sounds like an easy way to kill your SR/iRating

Man of Honour
IR and SR are not in effect for week 13 races, expect for the rookie series.

The selected official series, Porsche, BMW and Ferrari (two of the ones I was talking about) do count towards SR and iR. BMW is an endurance team event though

iRacing News said:
Ranked Series (iRating and Safety Rating affected)
  • Oval Series
    • NASCAR iRacing Series – Open
    • NASCAR iRacing Series – Fixed
    • 13th Week Street Stock Challenge
  • Road Series
    • 13th Week Mazda Cup
    • 13th Week Ferrari GT3 Challenge
    • 13th Week Porsche Cup Series
  • Dirt Oval Series
    • 13th Week Dirt Street Stock Challenge
    • 13th Week DIRTcar UMP Modified – Fixed
  • Dirt Road Series
    • 13th Week iRacing Rallycross Series
    • 13th Week iRacing Rallycross Lite

Soldato
really bad idea to do races last night, went from 2.94 on the verge of A class to 2.52 . haha. I will try again tonight...

I'm getting all my mistakes out of the way in week 13 races; first time I've ever done a jump start, first time I've taken out the leader as a lapped car (came out of Laguna pits and he was totally in my blind spot) and first time I've quit out of a race. Luckily all unofficial!

Associate
Hi,
I'm enjoying iracing. Only been using it for the last 3 weeks. Terrible at sim racing in general. but it is such fun. Loving it. Got my D licence. Dunno how. It must be very easy. Do they give D licences free with lucky bags? :)
I actually won a race! My first ever win. Rookie race. Lucky fluke. I qualified second, the pole position player spun at the first turn, then there was a pile up behind me. This, according to crew chief, gave me seventeen seconds breathing space to complete the next 12 minutes. I finished in 1st place 2.5 seconds ahead of 2nd. Big smile for me (but knew it was a fluke).

I'm a 61 year old sim racer. New to it. I'm sure I'm not the oldest kid on the block. Any sim racers out there who can upstage me in years?
(I remember the moon landings. :)

Soldato
Glad your enjoying your time @Baldbloke License levels aren't how fast you are but vaguely how safe you are. The good thing about iraicng is due to the amount of players and the way they split races, majority of races you have someone similar pace to challenge.

Anyone else do the 12 hr of Sebring?
We came 7th in the Lambo after managing to only get nailed by LMP2 twice, was still a pretty clean car by the end. (Only had 0.2 of optional damage at one stop)

Associate
I did the Sebring 12 hour in the LMP2 with my 2 brothers.

Despite not being especially fast in this car, qualifying 16th, by the end of my quad stint I handed the car over in a solid 5th place. When it started to go wrong for us…

Our new driver put himself between the wall and a GT3 car at T1 which didn’t end well for both cars & to compound the issue he then did an unsafe rejoin across the run off to T1, getting T boned by another LMP2. You can probably imagine how well that went down…

30 minutes in the pits later and we’re the last car in class, staying there until the race end (about 30 laps down on the lead car by the end due to a few more mishaps with the same driver in our team)

Despite my iRating being about triple of that of my team mates, I was expecting to lose more than 26, so feel like I got off lightly!

Associate
1 screen albeit 21:9 and a G29 on a wheelstand...is iRacing a bridge too far for a setup like this or would you say it's worth me getting involved?

Would love a full rig but cost and space is a no right now.

Soldato
1 screen albeit 21:9 and a G29 on a wheelstand...is iRacing a bridge too far for a setup like this or would you say it's worth me getting involved?

Would love a full rig but cost and space is a no right now.
Nope that's fine. I had started with a single screen (small 24inch one ) and wheelstand as well and just used that for a number of years. Just make sure you listen to your spotter and maybe give a touch more space when racing close with others.

Associate
I reckon most people on iRacing will either have started or are using the G29.

I jumped back into this last night for the 1st time since GT 7 came out. Managed to be promoted at the end of last season into B. Done 2 of the night time ‘Ring races. My first attempt at the Fanatec GT3 events.

Went ok. Definite room for improvement but finished ahead of where I started in both.

Associate
I reckon most people on iRacing will either have started or are using the G29.

I jumped back into this last night for the 1st time since GT 7 came out. Managed to be promoted at the end of last season into B. Done 2 of the night time ‘Ring races. My first attempt at the Fanatec GT3 events.

Went ok. Definite room for improvement but finished ahead of where I started in both.

GT7 has been my gateway. Been on the cusp for about 5 years since coming across Jimmy Broadbent pretty early on, but always put it off due to cost. I started on GT7 with a pad, now i own a g29 and a NLR wheelstand 2.0. Slippery slope has begun...

Associate
Is anyone doing the Ring 24 hour? How are your races going?

I contemplated finding a random team to join but decided against it as work is a bit mental at the minute. A shame as I really like the GT3 cars since I’ve returned to the service & the Porsche Cup car is one of my all time favs.

Soldato
Had a few months away from iRacing here, needed a little break. Jumped back amongst it on Friday and had some pretty good races shaking off the rust. Got 3 in yesterday on Stream, some solid results including a last place to 3rd. Probably my best pace was this one though, just testing out recording in 4k at the same time as streaming.

Associate
Can anyone help me with an issue... I'm desperate.

So, I used to have an iRacing subscription that I paid for through the iRacing site. this all worked fine. I cancelled this approximately 2 years back just due to dwindling interest. Fast forward to yesterday, I've decided to treat myself to a new Fanatec system, so decided I would start iRacing again. I decided to do this through Steam. Made the purchase, downloaded and installed the game, pressed play.... it directed me to the iRacing website to login on there. I did this and it tells me that I have no subscription. Emailed iRacing and they tell me they are 2 separate entities and that the Steam sub is nothing to do with them.

So, does anyone know how I can just get the game to launch in Steam (if that is at all possible)? Apologies if this all sounds stupid, I just don't understand why I cant get the game to launch in Steam, it redirects me to the games website to log in from there yet they claim to have nothing to do with each other..

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom