Iron Fist on Netflix

Soldato
Slowly working my way through S2 but I find it worse than S1 already and I'm upto episode 8. I just find the supporting characters very dull - Davis, and Joy especially. At least Ward is funny when he's off his trolley and the duo of Mary/Walker is portrayed amazingly well. The story is moving too slowly and as much as I enjoy watching Danny, he makes some of the dumbest decisions on the planet. Just when things couldn't have got any worse Misty arrives :o

Soldato
Am I the only person who kind of enjoyed this?

Weirdly enough I can take or leave Danny, I' still not sure whether I'm not sold on the character because he's badly acted, badly cast, or badly written. What I did like is the interaction with and between supporting characters. I like Danny/Ward together, especially now Ward seems to have shed some baggage, I like the relationship between Colleen and Misty (not sure why everyone seems to hate her so much). I also enjoyed the introduction of Walker/Mary/Whoever, well acted and intriguing character.

I was less sold on Davos for two reasons, firstly I would have liked to have seen him have more of an impact, I know he killed a bunch of triads but the story telling went out of its way to imply time had passed during Dannys retraining sessions and I just don't buy Davos and a bunch of street kids as a credible threat. Secondly, whilst i like Sacha Dhawan I just can't get behind that accent on that character, it's a stupid thing but it kind of broke the immersion for me.

Overall though I enjoyed it, looking forward to the next season particularly given the setup they gave it, Dannys best scenes were shared with Ward in my opinion and i can totally get behind half a season of them buddy copping it through Asia. I just hope maybe the writers leave the in your face morality at the door and have a bit more fun. I've got no issue with the characters following a code and it fits the setting but I don't need to be fed it every five minutes.

Soldato
Am I the only person who kind of enjoyed this?

Weirdly enough I can take or leave Danny, I' still not sure whether I'm not sold on the character because he's badly acted, badly cast, or badly written. What I did like is the interaction with and between supporting characters. I like Danny/Ward together, especially now Ward seems to have shed some baggage, I like the relationship between Colleen and Misty (not sure why everyone seems to hate her so much). I also enjoyed the introduction of Walker/Mary/Whoever, well acted and intriguing character.

I was less sold on Davos for two reasons, firstly I would have liked to have seen him have more of an impact, I know he killed a bunch of triads but the story telling went out of its way to imply time had passed during Dannys retraining sessions and I just don't buy Davos and a bunch of street kids as a credible threat. Secondly, whilst i like Sacha Dhawan I just can't get behind that accent on that character, it's a stupid thing but it kind of broke the immersion for me.

Overall though I enjoyed it, looking forward to the next season particularly given the setup they gave it, Dannys best scenes were shared with Ward in my opinion and i can totally get behind half a season of them buddy copping it through Asia. I just hope maybe the writers leave the in your face morality at the door and have a bit more fun. I've got no issue with the characters following a code and it fits the setting but I don't need to be fed it every five minutes.

Not at all. I enjoyed it immensely.

Caporegime
I thought it was pretty good, supporting cast was good and Mary was really interesting. Last episode was a bit odd, but certainly left me curious for where they're going next. I liked how they used Misty in this series, her and Wing play off each other quite well, in general the overlap between this series an Luke Cage has improved both imo.

Soldato
Well I accidentally finished season 2. Hadn't realised it was some 12 episodes long so when the final episode played out I was hugely surprised as it ended a bit strangely. Found the whole season quite poor on the whole especially since I enjoyed Season 1.

Luke Cage S2 was way better.

Soldato
Watched 4 & 5 and it's already fallen back into S1 realms of boring, The whole plot so far is so weak it's almost laughable. Oh you stole my birthright and lied about my dad so we're going to do you over because why not.

Only saving grace so far is Alice Eve.

Soldato
In hindsight, I preferred Season 1 TBH. Neither are very good though.

The writers are putting too much effort in to tiptoeing around political issues, instead of writing good characters and a compelling story. They don't want Danny to be a "white saviour" archetype. So they make him pathetic; if he fails at pretty much anything, he's nobody's saviour. They want to make him relatable, so they distance him from his wealth and basically turn the show in to a verse from Pulp's "Common People". And they strip the detail out of the world, hoping to avoid accusations of "orientalism".

They've basically spent two seasons apologizing for casting a white guy to the role of Danny.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not a bad season.
Hard to say whether season 1 or 2 was better. Perhaps I'm leaning towards season 1. Interested to see where they go with it after that end scene.
But honestly, I'm glad I enjoyed it and made it all the way.
I thought Jessica Jones Season 2 had killed Marvel TV dead for me. :D

Soldato
I've just finished watching season 2 and I didn't think it was great, but then I wasn't a massive fan of season 1 either. Davos was a fairly boring villain, I prefer villains who you can somewhat empathise with, who maybe have reasonable reasons for doing what they're doing but are just going about it in the wrong way. Bushmaster in Luke Cage season 2 was better in that sense, because his reasons for wanting revenge were completely understandable, but he went about it in a way that put him on a collision course with Luke Cage.

Mary Walker and Ward are interesting characters, but I'm still not a fan of Colleen or Joy. Here's hoping Daredevil season 3 is a return to form, some of the recent Marvel Netflix shows have been pretty disappointing and they need something to get them back on track.

Caporegime
Wouldn't surprise me if they end up merging Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Both characters are far better together than on their own. Surprised Jessica Jones got a season 3, that season 2 was by far the worst so far.

Soldato
Awwwww.
Ok, Iron Fist certainly had problems, but I kinda enjoyed S2 and wanted to see where they were gonna go with Ward and glowing guns in S3.

But the fact that IF got cancelled when JJ didn't is simply beyond nonsense. :(

Soldato
I thought S2 ended fairly well, Danny had become a better character overall, could've done with a third series to tie it up.

Plus I have a soft spot for Jess henwick.

Soldato
It'll be back (or Danny will be back) at some point. Either Danny will show up in the other Marvel/Netflix shows, or we'll get Heroes for Hire, or Iron Fist will transition to Disney's streaming service.

Back
Top Bottom