Iron Fist on Netflix

Associate
I think the series would have been a lot more bearable had the actress that played Collen played Danny Rand instead. At least she looked like she'd had some martial arts training and was a better actor to boot.

As for season 2... I might give it a couple of episodes, but unless there is a massive improvement that's it. I ploughed through the first season as I didn't know the source material and thought it would be important for the defenders. I was wrong.

Soldato
The brother chap, who we see with a red fist at times, obviously at arms with Danny now.
Was it Gow he had met at the end of the first series, or someone else he met?

Caporegime
Personally I'm looking forward to season 2 of this more than Luke Cage and JJ. JJ series 2 was trash and I haven't seen anyone say Luke Cage season 2 was good. I'm not particularly keen on Rand but I'll give him a second chance, the support cast is good though.

Caporegime
I haven't seen anyone say Luke Cage season 2 was good.

It has been subject to critical acclaim. Not consistently amazing throughout the season, but certainly decent for the most part, with one of the best villains (Bushmaster) in recent memory. The main story arc episodes are sometimes excellent and some of the acting and scenes in the latter part of the series are reminiscent of theater in the intensity and intimacy of their delivery. It's really worth watching.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Oh good god, it took all of about 10 mins to wind me up through it's stupidity.

By the end of the first episode literally every single character has acted like an idiot, has rubbish reasoning and has irritated the living hell out of me.

These shows could be so good if they removed the nonsense morality based characters. Fighting is bad.... from someone who has killed lots of people before but randomly changes there mind. Then they change their mind back again later. Or the people who don't kill and spend the entire series telling you there must be another way, just to immediately try to kill someone or threaten it when convenient to do so.

Seriously anyone who argues that killing say a Madam Gao type is bad, is stupid, and anyone writing a character that argues that point is stupid. A basically immortal person who can be responsible for killing millions and a normal jail system has exactly zero chance to contain.... got to find another way because killing is immoral. Killing without a damn good reason is immoral, killing someone who is actively trying to murder millions when there is no better option isn't immoral.

Associate
Oh good god, it took all of about 10 mins to wind me up through it's stupidity.

By the end of the first episode literally every single character has acted like an idiot, has rubbish reasoning and has irritated the living hell out of me.

These shows could be so good if they removed the nonsense morality based characters. Fighting is bad.... from someone who has killed lots of people before but randomly changes there mind. Then they change their mind back again later. Or the people who don't kill and spend the entire series telling you there must be another way, just to immediately try to kill someone or threaten it when convenient to do so.

Seriously anyone who argues that killing say a Madam Gao type is bad, is stupid, and anyone writing a character that argues that point is stupid. A basically immortal person who can be responsible for killing millions and a normal jail system has exactly zero chance to contain.... got to find another way because killing is immoral. Killing without a damn good reason is immoral, killing someone who is actively trying to murder millions when there is no better option isn't immoral.

"WHY ARE THESE COMIC BOOK SHOWS COMIC BOOKY?"

Soldato
hmmm, not sure Season 1 was a bit poop, anyone who has watched some of 2,
does it get better or is it just utter tripe ?

Last edited:
Soldato
Gotta Say... Its better than S1... But still mostly drivel with a couple of reasonable fights... And then....

They give you a tiny 30 second bit at the end with what I want out of the show. Too little too late I am afraid. They should have made the second season about how he gets to the point he is at in the bar in Asia.

Soldato
Just finished this.

It was alright. Some things are an improvement from Season 1. But there's stuff I miss. For me, it's a toss up between this season and the first for the worst Marvel/Netflix season.

I'm still going to watch S3 though. It feels like the new showrunners are heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom