Poll: Is it time to shave it all off?

Is it time to shave it all off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Shaved head here, thinning hair late twenties, cut very short and then shaved it off in my early thirties. Shaving I gradually reduced 3 2 1. I don't wet shave, razor bald just would not suit me.

Also gradually shaving your head will tan gradually, going from hair to zero, your head might look a bit pale!

Stubble, some people can pull off the full beard look - I am not one of them (I look a mess and it ages) stubble it is!

I keep my weight in check (still room for improvement). I always think going bald and then over compensating with weights is a fine line, nothing wrong with being fit! However, over do and end up looking like a doorman (massive neck) just each to their own. No jibe at being a bouncer, it depends on the look you want!

Soldato
I had 2 cousins that both were going bald at an early age and both were freaking out.

I've always had a full head of hair but yet I've always had a number 1 short back and sides. I wish I was going bald. It would save on the barber fees! :)

Associate
I had 2 cousins that both were going bald at an early age and both were freaking out.

I've always had a full head of hair but yet I've always had a number 1 short back and sides. I wish I was going bald. It would save on the barber fees! :)

I feel your cousins pain, I did not take it well - I make no bones, my confidence took a massive hit. It's bloody hard to come to terms with. Nowadays with social media etc, for young blokes, it must be far worse.

Nowadays like people mention, embrace, otherwise it really can drive you into depression. Hair transplants and the stress/paranoia it invokes, no thanks.

Man of Honour
I would definitely shave it more in advance of your holiday unless you like a glowing white head and sunburn the next day.

Last edited:
Caporegime

I can't. I'm a shade under 35 and I'm showing signs. I'm fighting it though, with a truckoad of money basically. My shampoo & conditioner costs £40 a month, and then I use Rigaine which is £lol too. At least yours is consistent, hi my name is patches.

Does my head in. When I was younger I always used to say I'd either get the baldness from my mother's side or the silver fox from my father's side.

So naturally I got both.

#jesuisbaldiesilverback

Soldato
Council from my wife is to do it in the summer just before we go on holiday for 2 weeks, to get used to it whilst we're away.

Just do it. I went from hair long enough to sit on (think Tom Araya, but longer) to shaved and the only thing to get used to is the strange feeling when you rub your head. Oh, and when you go to bed, it feels strange on the pillow, like Fuzzy Felt.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
My wife says "tell him it looks fine and not to shave it off. I don't see what the problem is" so there's that.
There is that, but your wife married you... ;) :D

I'd be off with it, don't know how I'd feel if it started thinning out but neither side of my family has any really balding issues. I'm 34 this year and still folically rich so think I'm safe. Going grey mind you, moreso in with my facial hair. Living with two women and a baby means that's a given though.

Man of Honour
I can't. I'm a shade under 35 and I'm showing signs. I'm fighting it though, with a truckoad of money basically. My shampoo & conditioner costs £40 a month, and then I use Rigaine which is £lol too. At least yours is consistent, hi my name is patches.

Does my head in. When I was younger I always used to say I'd either get the baldness from my mother's side or the silver fox from my father's side.

So naturally I got both.

#jesuisbaldiesilverback
I'm genuinely a little surprised. I thought you would be the type of person to just shave it off and not worry about it.

Caporegime
I'm genuinely a little surprised. I thought you would be the type of person to just shave it off and not worry about it.

I am. It's my wife who's resisting. Plus I have a huge scar across the top of my dome from when I turned in to a claret fountain for an afternoon.

Soldato
There is that, but your wife married you... ;) :D

I'd be off with it, don't know how I'd feel if it started thinning out but neither side of my family has any really balding issues. I'm 34 this year and still folically rich so think I'm safe. Going grey mind you, moreso in with my facial hair. Living with two women and a baby means that's a given though.
Oof, my heart!

Tbh I'm starting to go at the front. I've gained an inch of forehead for every year I've had my daughter.

Soldato

So naturally I got both.

#jesuisbaldiesilverback

None of this will work to actually keep your hair. Minoxidil basically makes all your follicles grow at the same time which gives the appearance of a fuller head of hair, but its just a lie; it will fall out.

Shampoo and conditioner are bunk.

You have one option: Finasteride. Get on it, or accept your hair doom.

Back
Top Bottom