Poll: Is it time to shave it all off?

Is it time to shave it all off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Here's how it progressed...

I just kept going one grade at a time until I was happy. Was tempted at this point to buzz it with no guard, but the wife put the kibosh on that idea.

Last edited:
I voted Pancake cos what you need to do is shave it all off with a proper razor.

Then you gotta wax it to give it some shine... simple automotive wax would do.

If you're happy with the result and don't want it growing back spray some clear coat on top.
Remember to sand between each coat to avoid orange peel effect.

Then you gotta wax it to give it some shine... simple automotive wax would do.

If you're happy with the result and don't want it growing back spray some clear coat on top.
Remember to sand between each coat to avoid orange peel effect.

Perfect, one last touch is to bin off the aftershave and go all in, and switch to a quick squirt of WD40.Job done.

Hi again baldies (and not baldies).

Update for you and social observation results, after nearly two years from the op.

Thanks for your support before (especially Magnolia...you made me feel all man).

It was interesting after I shaved my head, from a social point of view.

Certain school mums showed a lot more interest in me than before, most of which were married to cue balls, which was fascinating.

My wife however, who is kind of important being the mother of my kids, wasn't particularly a fan it turns out, nor were my parents, whose contribution was 'you look bald'.

As much as I told my wife to like it or lump it, I decided to grow it back (if you can call it that), since I want to continue seeing my kids more than 50% of the time (50% if I'm lucky).

Which leads us to today...

Q6syxZT.jpg

Surprisingly enough, it's not getting any better and I'm really unhappy with it now, so am faced with a dilemma, since my family appear to all be shallow pricks...shave it all off again and be happy but a middle-aged bachelor, or keep the whispy pretence and wife going for as long as possible.

I'm very tempted to shear it off again tomorrow, so stay posted for your own amusement.

And if anyone has any lady friends that like bald men, I might need your help tomorrow...

Last edited:
Grade 2 middle ground for a bit until people stop noticing, then go down further.

It's the drastic change that makes people comment, they dont notice smaller changes as much.

Personally though I'd just go with whatever you like, your hair isn't coming back so your wife will have to get used to it (or leave :p ) sooner or later.

Need to balance the shaven head with some facial hair. Also start lifting weights and get jacked, your wife will be too busy mirin your body to care about your shaven head.

I think you look really good with the shaved head.

Here’s something to try (steps in order).

First, leave your face/ neck for a few days to grow a beard.

Shave your head and neck with clippers at zero.

Trim your face / beard so that it is only slightly longer than your shaved head. Half way between beard and stubble.

Wet shave your neck live if desires. Ultimately, you want a sharp near edge to your beard.

^^^ this can look really smart and make you feel like you’re Gordon Freeman or something. I thing a little bit of face stubble goes really well with a shaved head. You can do it with a full beard but it has to be thick enough for it to work.... mine is not!

Back
Top Bottom