ISIL, ISIS, Daesh discussion thread.

Soldato
If these country thieves were hosed down with bullets the first time they tried to storm a border this would have ended immediately.

It would happen tonight as it seems. If the Turkish army tries to break the Greek border gates as some politicians threatening. (effectively invading Greece)

https://www.tanea.gr/2020/02/29/gre...ka-oximata-gia-na-synodeysoun-tous-prosfyges/

Use google translate please. Turkish forces trying to make opening on the border wall, and when the Greek forces appeared to stop them, the Turks replied with tear gas (thrown to the Greek side) trying to stop the Greeks even from repairing the wall and stop anyone crossing through.

In such situation how Britain, Israel, Russia & USA would be expected to respond?

Soldato
Time to retake Constantinople. Shame it'll ruin that Muppet song.

Indeed. Considering that Erdogan builds a cannal to have everyone pay to cross through to Black Sea, closing the straight of Dardanelles (he unilaterally scrapped the Treaty of Montreux), doubt Greece won't guarantee free safe passage again if controls it, let alone it would double the Greek GDP overnight :p
So we would be able to pay the debt in 1 year no 40 :D

Caporegime
Turkey is one of the biggest **** holes on the planet. Greece, on the other hand, is great.

I'd say there's still quite a lot of Turkish people who are entirely sound, had this neo-ottoman weirdo not risen to power, i'm sure it would have continued to improve.

Can you explain why the PM (along with other 'friends of Turkey') had tried for years to get Turkey admitted to the EU if it was a **** hole? I mean if the only reason it is a **** hole is the rise of demagoguery then relatively to the rest of the world nothing has changed has it... (everyone is electing demagogues for their emotionally charged irrationalities)

Soldato
Can you explain why the PM (along with other 'friends of Turkey') had tried for years to get Turkey admitted to the EU if it was a **** hole?
Don't believe the rumours about Turkey joining the EU, it will never happen as long as their military is illegally occupying part of an EU member state, and they don't want to give up territory they believe they have conquered.

Soldato
Soldato
I'd say there's still quite a lot of Turkish people who are entirely sound, had this neo-ottoman weirdo not risen to power, i'm sure it would have continued to improve.

Can you explain why the PM (along with other 'friends of Turkey') had tried for years to get Turkey admitted to the EU if it was a **** hole? I mean if the only reason it is a **** hole is the rise of demagoguery then relatively to the rest of the world nothing has changed has it... (everyone is electing demagogues for their emotionally charged irrationalities)

Turkey doesn't recognize the existence of a EU member state (Cyprus) neither the borders or territorial waters of another (Greece). So impossible to become a member state, EVER. Hell since day one when talks started, Turkey was insisting that going through the process to change it's laws, was impossible and EU has to change if they want Turkey!!!!!!

Don't believe the rumours about Turkey joining the EU, it will never happen as long as their military is illegally occupying part of an EU member state, and they don't want to give up territory they believe they have conquered.

Britain actively promoted Turkey to join the EU, even few times mentioning that bending few rigid steps on the process don't matter.
But was a fool's errand because the significant majority didn't wanted it, even Turkey was insisting to change EU laws instead of Turkey change their own for them to join!!!

Hence it was a fool's errand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom