ISIS and Islamic militants - discussion

Soldato
Unfortunately going to need troops on the ground to fix the situation.

Small of me agrees with you. But relentless air strikes with jets and drones will have them running in a relatively short time (months). They are scared senseless of the drones, and have nothing to really counter them. Silent assassins from far above.

They are rattled, otherwise they wouldn't be executing or mass murdering prisoners. They want to drag us into a deploying troops on the ground because then they can cause casualties to our side and drag out a war for many years.

Whilst we are reigning death from above there is very little they can do, apart from kill innocents. Which just makes them look worse.

Headlines wouldn't be anywhere near as damning if they read 'IS kills 5 UK/US troops'

Soldato
The IS have captured plenty of equipment. Drones and Robots could be captured / reprogrammed / hacked etc.

Where as US / UK ground troops probably won't be converted to Islam at all.

IF they manage to capture a drone, they would still need a controller, ability to connect to the drone, missiles that can attach to said drone, a pilot..

I have no clue about the above (so might be quite easy?)

They are extremely reliable, or so I hear, so the ability to get hold of a drone intact would be extremely rare? Also shooting them down is near impossible as far as I understand.

If one does go down, we would have the ability to intercept it and blow it up pretty quickly too.

Soldato
They are rattled, otherwise they wouldn't be executing or mass murdering prisoners.

I don't see that at all, it was propaganda, and rather successful at that.

Cameron just giving a speech now. Terror level raised.

Something is going on. For starters, they are going to start taking passports off people. Hmmm

This is going to end well.

Talking of propaganda, whats Cameron up to now? Invasion of syria/iraq on the cards?

Last edited:
Soldato
Cameron just giving a speech now. Terror level raised.

Something is going on. For starters, they are going to start taking passports off people. Hmmm

This is going to end well.

I haven't seen it but I assume they're going to take passports from the ones on the way out rather than preventing them coming back in correct? If so fail!

Talking of propaganda, whats Cameron up to now? Invasion of syria/iraq on the cards?

No no nothing like that. He's planning another holiday I assume.

Soldato

We are going to war with IS by looks of it. Seen this all before a few times.

Obama will probably do his press conference soon if they can drag him off the Golf course.

Don't what choice there is now really, it's a genocide. Feel sorry for families that have lost their sons to this ideology.

Soldato

You could be right, but why make key references to the air strikes? 'This is happening because of the air strikes, stop air strikes now before we kill the next reporter.'

Don't care what kind of 'army' you are, being bombed from the air constantly with no means of stopping it WILL be frustrating and get under your skin...

Kinda reminds me of my C&C days aurora bombing the **** out of the enemies defences with 8 or more planes..

Associate
IF they manage to capture a drone, they would still need a controller, ability to connect to the drone, missiles that can attach to said drone, a pilot..

I have no clue about the above (so might be quite easy?)

They are extremely reliable, or so I hear, so the ability to get hold of a drone intact would be extremely rare? Also shooting them down is near impossible as far as I understand.

If one does go down, we would have the ability to intercept it and blow it up pretty quickly too.

This is why they need to capture Tony Stark and keep him underground to re purpose his weapons and create a super weapon. Some sort of fighting robot suit or something...

Soldato
TBH I wonder how this lot would hold up against a proper military force - so far they've mostly been slaughtering civilians, right?

Back
Top Bottom