Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hasent the Palestine Israel war been going on for hundreds of years? What's suddenly kicked off that's sparked protects / demonstrations in UK cities?

From what I gather, Hamas fired rockets at Israeli cities, they got shot down. Israel retaliated with better rockets/bombs and now Palestine is screwed

Associate
Hasent the Palestine Israel war been going on for hundreds of years? What's suddenly kicked off that's sparked protects / demonstrations in UK cities?

From what I gather, Hamas fired rockets at Israeli cities, they got shot down. Israel retaliated with better rockets/bombs and now Palestine is screwed

it had not, Israel is founded in 1948,
early 1900 Muslims and Jews lived together in harmony, soon after British got involved and refugees from Nazi Camps & Mass migration came to the land called Palestine (called Israel now)

Hamas was founded in the late 1980s, in response to the injustice toward the Palestinian people. so its not that old of an organization.

its not an old age conflict, although it feels like one because there are so many hands involved and there are lots of strategic interests where USA \Russia \ China \ Iran play proxy wars in there.

recent events started when Israel started kicking people from their homes to hand it to settlers (this had been going for some time)

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengl...o-take-over-palestinian-home/456933932048029/

then Israeli police had attacked people praying in Aqsa Mosque during Ramadan Holiest night.

thus Hamas started firing although I would call those sticks rather than rockets, Israel being who they are started killing people left and right, to teach Gaza a lesson.

and here we are

Last edited:
Soldato
2- also 99% would be correct if The Root cause was started by Muslims:

I mentioned the Iraq war because it's considered in the east as the root of recent major terrorist attacks.

ps I posted the link for the wrong video, the one I wanted is only a few minutes long. The summary was Netanyahu saying how peace will take over the middle east once Iraq is invaded, last time I checked Netanyahu was not a Muslim, neither Blair or bush

Netanyahu \ Blair \ Bush knew exactly what they are doing.

Saddam on the other hand kept the sects from fighting.

The thing about muslim extremists is they hate the "wrong muslims" as much as they hate us non believers/christians/hindus/jews. While Islam doesn't have a monopoly on terrorism, its certainly the leader in many continents.

Just look at the plenty of terror attacks in countries that had nothing to do with the intervention in Iraq to prove my point, and you'd have to be real moral idiot to think keeping Saddam in power was good for anyone, except for the baathists of course.

This is an old article but always relevant - https://slate.com/news-and-politics...g-for-explanations-for-terrorist-attacks.html

Associate
The thing about muslim extremists is they hate the "wrong muslims" as much as they hate us non believers/christians/hindus/jews. While Islam doesn't have a monopoly on terrorism, its certainly the leader in many continents.

Just look at the plenty of terror attacks in countries that had nothing to do with the intervention in Iraq to prove my point, and you'd have to be real moral idiot to think keeping Saddam in power was good for anyone, except for the baathists of course.

This is an old article but always relevant - https://slate.com/news-and-politics...g-for-explanations-for-terrorist-attacks.html

1- Europian war of religion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion

No Muslims were involved then, so it cant be called extremists or terrorists.

2- colonization taking people resources forcibly, is industrial level terrorism

3- world war 1 & 2, Holocaust is not terrorism? if not then I am not sure what is

4- Saddam was no angel but at the same time no different than the King of Saudia Arabia, only different he said no to the USA while Saudia Arabia King says yes.
I can't see you in arms against Saudia.

5- I will go through your article after work today.

6- Finally consider this, on the point made earlier about Movies \ Video games this will increase division and hate on both side, but sadly its what sells
imagine the villain were replaced by say, Jewish people, the world would not just sit idle, this is what you call double standards

Capodecina
Soldato
if anything looks at any video games \ movies, Muslims are portrayed like the villain and this what I was talking about earlier on the different point of views. as this is embedded in people's minds since they were children.

I think this is a highly subjective comment. You make it sound like it's all games and films. I can hardly think of any where that's the case - I'm not saying they don't exist, just that it's entirely dependent on what you choose to watch. For myself, who watches a lot of world cinema and plays mostly horror/fantasy games, you hardly get any of that. I'm really struggling to think of some examples. Are you saying this is mostly in the mainstream and can you give some examples?

Soldato
1- Europian war of religion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_wars_of_religion

No Muslims were involved then, so it cant be called extremists or terrorists.

2- colonization taking people resources forcibly, is industrial level terrorism

3- world war 1 & 2, Holocaust is not terrorism? if not then I am not sure what is

4- Saddam was no angel but at the same time no different than the King of Saudia Arabia, only different he said no to the USA while Saudia Arabia King says yes.
I can't see you in arms against Saudia.

5- I will go through your article after work today.

6- Finally consider this, on the point made earlier about Movies \ Video games this will increase division and hate on both side, but sadly its what sells
imagine the villain were replaced by say, Jewish people, the world would not just sit idle, this is what you call double standards

Oh right ok, how far do you want to go back? Your own link even disproves your own point.....

"Many historians have rejected the description of these conflicts as wars of "religion" because religion was not the only or even the most important factor in the proliferation of these battles. Instead, some historians have labelled the religious nature of the conflict and what resulted from them as a "creation myth" for the modern nation-state.[3][4] Other motives during the wars involved revolt, territorial ambitions, and Great Power conflicts."

No the Holocaust was Genocide, I think you're a bit confused about what terrorism is.

Yea I don't agree with supporting Saudi in anyway, some funding for terrorist groups no doubt comes from there. The Saudi king and Saddam are hardly the same though, Saddam and his regimes crimes are vast and well documented. A lot of people don't know that he paid suicide bombers families in palestine just a little known fact for you. It's very hard for us free people to understand what its like to live under fascism.

If jews were beheading people/blowing themselves up/commiting vehicular murder id have no problem with them with them being portrayed as such in movies/video games. Thats not to say I approve of everything Israel and the messianic settlers do.

Soldato
it had not, Israel is founded in 1948,
early 1900 Muslims and Jews lived together in harmony, soon after British got involved and refugees from Nazi Camps & Mass migration came to the land called Palestine (called Israel now)

Hamas was founded in the late 1980s, in response to the injustice toward the Palestinian people. so its not that old of an organization.

its not an old age conflict, although it feels like one because there are so many hands involved and there are lots of strategic interests where USA \Russia \ China \ Iran play proxy wars in there.

recent events started when Israel started kicking people from their homes to hand it to settlers (this had been going for some time)

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusengl...o-take-over-palestinian-home/456933932048029/

then Israeli police had attacked people praying in Aqsa Mosque during Ramadan Holiest night.

thus Hamas started firing although I would call those sticks rather than rockets, Israel being who they are started killing people left and right, to teach Gaza a lesson.

and here we are
Thanks, very useful and concise.
Maybe an obvious question... Why attack someone with weapons you know will be useless, knowing full well it will spark something big off? I guess that had to do something, maybe not fire 1500 odd useless rockets

Caporegime
Maybe an obvious question... Why attack someone with weapons you know will be useless, knowing full well it will spark something big off? I guess that had to do something, maybe not fire 1500 odd useless rockets

It shows you won't just roll over and capitulate. It shows your supporters you are fighting so they should keep on giving you money.

Plus people are stupid.

Associate
I think this is a highly subjective comment. You make it sound like it's all games and films. I can hardly think of any where that's the case - I'm not saying they don't exist, just that it's entirely dependent on what you choose to watch. For myself, who watches a lot of world cinema and plays mostly horror/fantasy games, you hardly get any of that. I'm really struggling to think of some examples. Are you saying this is mostly in the mainstream and can you give some examples?

I did not mean All, mostly FPS, and action movies.

Oh right ok, how far do you want to go back? Your own link even disproves your own point.....

"Many historians have rejected the description of these conflicts as wars of "religion" because religion was not the only or even the most important factor in the proliferation of these battles. Instead, some historians have labelled the religious nature of the conflict and what resulted from them as a "creation myth" for the modern nation-state.[3][4] Other motives during the wars involved revolt, territorial ambitions, and Great Power conflicts."

No the Holocaust was Genocide, I think you're a bit confused about what terrorism is.

Yea I don't agree with supporting Saudi in anyway, some funding for terrorist groups no doubt comes from there. The Saudi king and Saddam are hardly the same though, Saddam and his regimes crimes are vast and well documented. A lot of people don't know that he paid suicide bombers families in palestine just a little known fact for you. It's very hard for us free people to understand what its like to live under fascism.

If jews were beheading people/blowing themselves up/commiting vehicular murder id have no problem with them with them being portrayed as such in movies/video games. Thats not to say I approve of everything Israel and the messianic settlers do.

I am not saying there is no Muslims terrorist, but so does other terrorists, some even state-based my point was how the name is used.

I agree that the attack was useless, they got bottled up from oppression, it's like when a mob pushes you and your family against the wall, fighting them it futile but you will end up doing it anyway.

Capodecina
Soldato
I did not mean All, mostly FPS, and action movies.

OK sure, can you give some examples?

Also, I take it from your username that you're Islamic or, at least, you speak Arabic. I should give you a friendly notification that Islamic extremism is, apart from Brexit, one of the most hotly-debated topics on this forum. There are no winners here, just angry participants. Unless you practise extreme diplomacy, you will grind yourself into the ground and log out with nothing but vexation.

Associate
OK sure, can you give some examples?

Also, I take it from your username that you're Islamic or, at least, you speak Arabic. I should give you a friendly notification that Islamic extremism is, apart from Brexit, one of the most hotly-debated topics on this forum. There are no winners here, just angry participants. Unless you practise extreme diplomacy, you will grind yourself into the ground and log out with nothing but vexation.

thanks for the heads up, you sound level-headed.

my main reason here is to build bridges and get a better understanding of the other side.
Personally, I wish the world just live together in peace, I feel genuinely sad for the innocent lives that is lost.

but sadly there is greed and wars for profit

games wise, call of duty, counter strike. where it's good guys vs terrorists. those are the popular titles I can think of.

Capodecina
Soldato
thanks for the heads up, you sound level-headed.

my main reason here is to build bridges and get a better understanding of the other side.

Good luck then, my friend. Building bridges is also a never-ending battle. Orphaned Land have done a good job though!

Thanks for the examples. I think Counter Strike is a fair example, but it's kind of territory-based, since a lot of it takes part in the Middle East, as far I know [I don't play it].

Soldato
Video game wise, I thought both 'sides' have been using video games to train military in tactics for years? Wasnt Delta Force Extreme 2 used by Al Qaeda and Arma series and Squad used by the US.
I'm sure I read there was a specific video game created to train middle eastern soldiers. No doubt the western world has a non public game or VR system used for training. Cheaper and safer in VR!

Caporegime

The rockets aren't useless. They're deadly. As many Israeli and Palestinians corpses can show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom