Israel/Palestine Shenanigans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
the latest developments in Middle East are, in syria west supports jihadists-rebels, in Iraq we bomb jihadists, in palestine it is called "right to self defense"...is it me or we have greatly contributed to the mess called M.E.??

Given that we pretty much created these countries and drew the boundaries, then yes. We **** it up massively :p

Caporegime
It is, but it is rudimentary for most children. Hebrew and English take precedence.
Yes, my brother lives in israel, (golan heights). Hebrew and english are indeed the main languages, but the learning of arabic is encouraged too as ive found out from my brother, he works with the druze arabs on a daily basis. Many of whom he classes as very close friends.

Soldato
Having worked there, I never had to speak Hebrew or Arabic. Heck a large chunk of the people there are British and American expats! Many of the soldiers are "jihadists" as they have israel as a second citizenship.

It's illegal according to UK law to fight for another army. Why then do we never see a returning ex-IDF soldier being arrested, his family interrogated, bank accounts closed, etc?

Hypocrisy really gets my goat when it comes to the IDF and the UK's support for it. :mad:

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/factcheck-britons-fight-israel/18448

The numbers of volunteers from the UK are small but significant: the IDF told Channel 4 News there are “around one hundred Brits currently serving” in its ranks.

Caporegime
It's illegal according to UK law to fight for another army.

Is it? Out of interests which law are you referring to and have there been any prosecutions? - for example brits fighting in the french foreign legion or serving in the Australian army etc..? Dual nationals having to complete national service in their other country?

Permabanned
Is it? Out of interests which law are you referring to and have there been any prosecutions? - for example brits fighting in the french foreign legion or serving in the Australian army etc..? Dual nationals having to complete national service in their other country?

I'd like to know this too.

No it isn't. There is no law that says that a British citizen cannot fight for a foreign army.

Caporegime
The thing here is that unless it is a recognised official army of a recognised regieme then it would be classed as a terrorist organisation. So fight for Iraqi official army fine.... ISIS not so fine :p

no an armed group is classed as a terrorist organisation if it's classed as a terrorist orgnaisation

it's not a default position for armed groups which don't fall into the category of being an army employed by a recognised state

Soldato
no an armed group is classed as a terrorist organisation if it's classed as a terrorist orgnaisation

it's not a default position for armed groups which don't fall into the category of being an army employed by a recognised state

True but would you trust the good old CPS to decide after you get back :p

I would bet top dollar that ukgov would do you for terrorism if the "army" you fought for was not on their "like" list ;)

Soldato
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/33-34/90 - This act is currently under review and due to be amended shortly.

Another point here is that Hamas was democratically elected by the Palestinian people. They are not just an armed militia as pro-israeli's tend to make out.

They are ONLY deemed to be 'terrorists' by israel and western nations who are allied with Israel funnily enough.

One could argue this point against these israeli 'jihadists' quite easily.

Soldato
ANYWAYS!

150,000 people marching in london today! just wow!

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...raise-funds-victims-conflict-israel-palestine

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28715052

I like the way Mr Cameron though has decided its a good idea on one hand we send NHS aid for the Palestinians and tuther hand still keeps on sending weapons to Israel :rolleyes:

NHS staff including doctors, nurses and anaesthetists will fly out to the region in the next 48 hours.

Prime Minister David Cameron said: "The conflict in Gaza has taken a terrible toll. The UK has been at the forefront of humanitarian efforts to help those affected and it is right that we see what more we can do.

Caporegime
True but would you trust the good old CPS to decide after you get back :p

I would bet top dollar that ukgov would do you for terrorism if the "army" you fought for was not on their "like" list ;)

in order for them to do that you'll have to have actually broken a law... they still need to take you to court

Caporegime
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/33-34/90 - This act is currently under review and due to be amended shortly.

Another point here is that Hamas was democratically elected by the Palestinian people. They are not just an armed militia as pro-israeli's tend to make out.

They are ONLY deemed to be 'terrorists' by israel and western nations who are allied with Israel funnily enough.

One could argue this point against these israeli 'jihadists' quite easily.

you're clutching at straws with your argument that joining the IDF is illegal

maybe in future if the IDF went to war against Jordan and some legislation was to come into force etc..etc..

But basically, as of the moment, you're previous point is complete nonsense - there isn't currently a legal bar on a British people joining the IDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom