• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It looks like the 'real' /affordable RDNA3 + next gen NV desktop launch won't launch until September. Thoughts?

Caporegime

:cry:

EOwIFJb.gif

Associate
by name the 7600 is a good gen on gen increase but by spec it seems to be basically a 6650XT with an overclock

Going by TPU numbers it clocks slightly lower than the 6650XT.

Overclocking looks to be easy, crank all the sliders to max and lower the voltage until it is unstable. Seems to get 10% from the stock card in 3dMark.

Associate
Going by TPU numbers it clocks slightly lower than the 6650XT.

Overclocking looks to be easy, crank all the sliders to max and lower the voltage until it is unstable. Seems to get 10% from the stock card in 3dMark.
Performance clock speed isn’t relative. This is a mobile designed gpu with the power cranked up.

Soldato
just in time for next boom!
Maybe, but it seems like there's a lot less potential for it to impact the GPU market specifically next time around though as most were targeting ETH which has gone proof of stake now. Bitcoin really needs an ASIC to be profitable. I guess some GPU mineable altcoins might go up in response to a bitcoin boom but then energy prices will still probably continue to pour cold water over it for the foreseeable.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe, but it seems like there's a lot less potential for it to impact the GPU market specifically next time around though as most were targeting ETH which has gone proof of stake now. Bitcoin really needs an ASIC to be profitable. I guess some GPU mineable altcoins might go up in response to a bitcoin boom but then energy prices will still probably continue to poor cold water over it for the foreseeable.

Yeh, prices would have to go up an insane amount for it to become profitable again.

Not impossible, but unlikely.

If anything I think i think it is more likely for the global financial markets (including crypto) to crash by quite a lot first.

Soldato
OP
The 6650 XT can be had for as little as £216.

AMD has a problem, I think really this is how much the RX 7600 should cost, considering they are offering basically the same performance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom