Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2019, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2019 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
Really?

Given that Mercedes struggled in testing, admitting they were not fast enough. Ending up behind Ferrari and Red Bull. No complaints about the tyres at that point either...

Mercedes win... surprisingly. Then win some more through being reliable when Ferrari make an arse of it...

But the tyres are unfair.... Waaaaaaaah!

I notice that complaint has vanished again as well. :D

Mercedes were never struggling pre season or in testing, they just never showed their true hand at all, are you seriously still falling for that?

Also I meant after 2 or 3 races in it was clear that they were still the team to beat this season and it's been proven. Monza and Spa Ferrari have had the edge as they are high speed circuits but I expect normal service to be resumed in Singapore in two weeks.

For the sake of keeping things interesting though I hope Red Bull give them a good fight there, I doubt Ferrari will be able to.

Man of Honour
I look forward to Hamilton running Leclerc off the road down the line. That’s if ferrari get close enough in the remaining races that rely on downforce.

Vettel out soon?

Caporegime
I look forward to Hamilton running Leclerc off the road down the line. That’s if ferrari get close enough in the remaining races that rely on downforce.

Vettel out soon?
He doesn't seem to be enjoying it as much as he used to. And he's already proven he doesn't like being challenged and beaten. He ran away from Red Bull when Ricciardo started getting the better of him and now that Leclerc is getting the better of him at Ferrari he's suddenly out of love with F1 again. I can't see him going back to Red Bull, Max is no.1 there and will be for a long time, so unless he drops down to a midfield car he's stuck. Or maybe goes to Mercedes in a swap deal with Hamilton? Stranger things have happened.

Soldato
Calm down. You wanted a penalty to get your man ahead. It didn't happen.
No one is going to die because of this.

Sick of the "think of the children" style argument in F1. People don't like racing.

Ironic coming from a week where one person died, one's in a coma in hospital, and one was lucky to get off with a broken vertebrae. You slacken off on safety at your peril.

I dunno about you, but I watched Senna die live on TV, and that's not an experience I'd like to repeat.

Caporegime
Leclerc basically being allowed to take a shortcut across the first chicane to cancel out his mistake was more annoying to me than pushing Hamilton off the road. If the stewards aren't going to do their jobs then they need to just bring back natural punishments for driver errors, ie. gravel traps etc. Falling off the track due to bad driving shouldn't be something that's no slower than taking the corner normally and it certainly shouldn't be allowed to enable drivers to keep from losing their position, this is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport.

Soldato
He doesn't seem to be enjoying it as much as he used to. And he's already proven he doesn't like being challenged and beaten. He ran away from Red Bull when Ricciardo started getting the better of him and now that Leclerc is getting the better of him at Ferrari he's suddenly out of love with F1 again. I can't see him going back to Red Bull, Max is no.1 there and will be for a long time, so unless he drops down to a midfield car he's stuck. Or maybe goes to Mercedes in a swap deal with Hamilton? Stranger things have happened.
I don't think there is anywhere for him to go except home, his days are done at a race track.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Leclerc basically being allowed to take a shortcut across the first chicane to cancel out his mistake was more annoying to me than pushing Hamilton off the road. If the stewards aren't going to do their jobs then they need to just bring back natural punishments for driver errors, ie. gravel traps etc. Falling off the track due to bad driving shouldn't be something that's no slower than taking the corner normally and it certainly shouldn't be allowed to enable drivers to keep from losing their position, this is supposed to be the pinnacle of motorsport.
This was a Ferrari. At Monza.

Associate
Oh dear stewards bottled it with Leclerc....
Run a driver off AND cut a corner.

Fair play to Leclerc he otherwise drove brilliantly.
They did say the floodgates will open - Hill had a similar thing when he won in Hungary ‘93 then won next 2 races...

But yeah consistency please

Caporegime
Good race.

Vettel is gone. No one is going to take want him down the grid. And surely he won't want to go anywhere like that either. Time to call it a a day.

Ferrari definitely got off being ferrari at monza.

Great race for Renault. Yep, an actual good race! Especially the overtake on vettel at start and not letting albon through. How are Renault so good around these high circuits?

Associate
An above average Monza for me, voted a 6.

The stewarding this weekend has marred the whole race weekend for me. I hope we see a return to consistent application of their decisions moving forwards.

Soldato
An above average Monza for me, voted a 6.

The stewarding this weekend has marred the whole race weekend for me. I hope we see a return to consistent application of their decisions moving forwards.

Agreed. Apply penalties equally or not at all.

Or have gravel traps and armco start at the other edge of the white track limit line everywhere.

Soldato
Just caught up.

Some dodgy driving, some dodgy stewarding.

I think I only saw 1 top speed comparison when Leclerc And ham Where racing down the main straight. I think hams top speed was lower than ferrari even with Drs. The overtake was never on and I think the TV crew new so didn't show them.

Ferrari won but still lose ground in the constructors, time for vettel to make way.

Bottas is just not a Mercedes driver. Ham was withing a second of leclerc for most of the race, Bottas on better tyres can't even get in Drs and when he does he messes up.

Back
Top Bottom