Its Coming - Ahsoka

Caporegime
Solid enough finale, didn't expect it to be quite such a set up for more but that's fine if more is coming. Sad they'll have to recast Baylan but such things happen. It felt like the series needed a few more episodes really, was weird how Baylan and Shin were barely in the final episode.

Soldato
Solid enough finale, didn't expect it to be quite such a set up for more but that's fine if more is coming. Sad they'll have to recast Baylan but such things happen. It felt like the series needed a few more episodes really, was weird how Baylan and Shin were barely in the final episode.
Indeed, they were easily the best thing about it. Still sad that Ray’s gone. Might rewatch Rome.

Soldato
Why the heck did Sabine get force powers? Then instantly was able to force push Ezra?
Thrawn suddenly seemed incompetent.
All the shooting from the sky and storm troopers shooting from behind but every shot missing ahsoka and Sabine. Then they jump off only conveniently to have their ship there
Morgan gets a powerup, handles ahsoka then she gets killed. She should have a good storyline going forward.

Yes, it was too much. They way they are going, one Jedi could take down an entire army. And, as you rightly say, brat went from useless to divine master in the space of five minutes - "I couldn't move a lightsaber a minute ago, but now I am going to jump six hundred feet, and I am more confident about that than an actual Jedi".

Last edited:

img

img

Associate
overall i enjoyed it but it did feel pretty drawn out. Like a lot of series they have 3 episodes of ideas and need to make 6 episodes of content.

Caporegime
overall i enjoyed it but it did feel pretty drawn out. Like a lot of series they have 3 episodes of ideas and need to make 6 episodes of content.
It felt really bad pacing wise at times. While it could have easily been stretched out to a longer run it also felt slow and ponderous then suddenly madly rushed at times too.

Last edited:
Associate

Filling schedules is more important than whether the show is any good. That's why modern shows are slow-walking simulators full of Macguffins and fetch quests - all done at a funereal pace.

Caporegime
Filling schedules is more important than whether the show is any good. That's why modern shows are slow-walking simulators full of Macguffins and fetch quests - all done at a funereal pace.
As long as a streaming show covers at least 2 months of monthly subs it's fine!

Associate
As long as a streaming show covers at least 2 months of monthly subs it's fine!

Exactly.

As ever the customer is now the problem "Why won't these a**holes give us money for year round for low-effort crap"?

They don't actrually believe they have a responsibility to sell a quality product, they're entitled to money because they're in business.

Last edited:
Soldato
You guys must really hate the traditional 20+ episode dramas they put out on TV networks then.

If this show was made 10 years ago, it would have probably had 24 episodes.

Last edited:
Soldato
You guys must really hate the traditional 20+ episode dramas they put out on TV networks then.

If this show was made 10 years ago, it would have probably had 24 episodes.
I was going to say this. These people with their 30s attention span and need for instant pay-off and gratification must really hate shows like Stargate, Star Trek etc. etc.

Soldato
Exactly.

As ever the customer is now the problem "Why won't these a**holes give us money for year round for low-effort crap"?

They don't actrually believe they have a responsibility to sell a quality product, they're entitled to money because they're in business.
If this show was made 10 years ago, it might have been good.
And yet here you are, posting in a thread about a show you don't like and which for some bizarre reason you've watched. I don't know if it's just me, but I tend to not watch a show if I think it's crap.

Last edited:
Associate
And yet here you are, posting in a thread about a show you don't like and which for some bizarre reason you've watched. I don't know if it's just me, but I tend to not watch a show if I think it's crap.

How can you decide you think a show is rubbish without watching it?

Associate
I was going to say this. These people with their 30s attention span and need for instant pay-off and gratification must really hate shows like Stargate, Star Trek etc. etc.

They were good though. Classics, in fact. The Wire was extremely slow-burn, but amazing. You can do this with great writing, but Ashoka has very poor writing.

So your strawman regarding "length" has been blown down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom