• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

It's on!

Soldato
Looks nice if a tad expensive. (not OCUK just the cards in general)

I am a little dissapointed that the GTS has not come in under £350 though.

Oh well.

Rolle on mid range cards now .... :D

Soldato
Right guys, just done a very quick install

Drivercleaned off the ATi drivers for now and used the drivers off the CD for the GTX

I havent got into that Nvidia Control panel yet apart from to change resolution. (So different to what im used to with ATI CCC but i will get round to that later)

Quick run with 3D06 with a mild 3200 oc on the Conroe

c32000eg6.jpg

Good news is that the fan is silent in both desktop and 3D

As soon as i figure out that damn control panel, i will do another run later

Sorry thats all for now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah as if they have time to e-mail the shipping confirmations now. not on is it, i mean they must be run ragged in there, and they can't even get the e-mails sent as they that busy, tut tut. :p

Soldato
lay-z-boy said:
Did you order just the card?

Yeah, card only.

I got the 'order recieved' email pretty much instantly and funds have been reserved in my account, but shipping confirmation not come through yet. I don't mind if it's shipped tomorrow as I'm not getting back into the country until Saturday anyway (card is going to my parents house, which is my cardholder address anyway). Just a little disconcerting that others were getting their cards shipped within the hour and I was one of the first to order but haven't heard back yet.

Soldato
Hm, i hate to say it, but there might be a bias towards people who ordered more things/more expensive orders?

I ordered mine after quite a few people yet had the shipping email send before they got there's, some haven't even got it yet. (ive already posted what i ordered)

either that, or you just havnt got the email yet. :)

Associate
Coolasmoo said:
Right guys, just done a very quick install

Drivercleaned off the ATi drivers for now and used the drivers off the CD for the GTX

I havent got into that Nvidia Control panel yet apart from to change resolution. (So different to what im used to with ATI CCC but i will get round to that later)

Quick run with 3D06 with a mild 3200 oc on the Conroe

Good news is that the fan is silent in both desktop and 3D

As soon as i figure out that damn control panel, i will do another run later

Sorry thats all for now.

10990 3dmarks, :eek: thats not what I was expecing as my GX2 gets over 9000 with both CPU and GPU at stock.
Hopefully I'm reading it wrong or something is not working right. :o

Suspended
I have made sure that as many orders as possible have shipped. All orders that passed credit card criteria and all items were in stock have shipped. I called as many people as possible whom had associated product that was OOS. Please call sales in the morning if you have not recieved confirmation.

Soldato
Do not base the G80's performance on 3D Mark, its real ability lies in actual games, one single 8800GTX in my system gives me slightly less than I used to get with 2 7900GTX's in SLI in 3D Mark 06 but absolutely obliterates it in Oblivion, FEAR, NWN2, BF2142 @ 2560x1600.

3D Mark is not the way to see their true potential.

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN said:
Do not base the G80's performance on 3D Mark, its real ability lies in actual games, one single 8800GTX in my system gives me slightly less than I used to get with 2 7900GTX's in SLI in 3D Mark 06 but absolutely obliterates it in Oblivion, FEAR, NWN2, BF2142 @ 2560x1600.

3D Mark is not the way to see their true potential.

but people still assume 3dmark = everything.

Associate
For sure Benchmarks arent the be all and end all, but I was expecting/hoping to see a greater score as I and most people probably expected a much higher score, but i guess theres still SLi. :D

Associate
LEUVEN said:
10990 3dmarks, :eek: thats not what I was expecing as my GX2 gets over 9000 with both CPU and GPU at stock.
Hopefully I'm reading it wrong or something is not working right. :o

Well according to 3dmark06 my rig when it moved to core2duo should get 25% more frames in games but guess what I get next to none. As in the case with your GPU needing SLI optimized games to see any real benefit whereas the 8800GTX will consistently perform. E.g 2 x 1600xt's gets the same 3dmarks as a 7800gtx but the x1600xt'x will be totally owned in real games. 3Dmarks IMO are only relative to real games when talking about single card configs or the rare games that get the same boost from sli or crossfire as 3dmark.

Associate
lay-z-boy said:

but people still assume 3dmark = everything.

So because i posted that i thought a score seemed low, it obviously means i think benchmarks mean everything. :rolleyes:
You are obviously dissapointed with yours then? as your back wouldnt be up to start with, and you would be using the damn thing instead of posting here :rolleyes:

I still hope to upgrade from my GX2's to 28800GTX's with EVGA, heres hoping.......... :)

Soldato
LEUVEN said:
So because i posted that i thought a score seemed low, it obviously means i think benchmarks mean everything. :rolleyes:
You are obviously dissapointed with yours then? as your back wouldnt be up to start with, and you would be using the damn thing instead of posting here :rolleyes:

I still hope to upgrade from my GX2's to 28800GTX's with EVGA, heres hoping.......... :)

wasnt refering to you, was pointing out how many people still use 3dmark as a way of saying how good something is, like superpi for cpu's but by all means, take offence if you want to though even though it was never intended.
i havnt got mine yet, so no idea what your on about.

Man of Honour
A bigger difference would be seen in using a higher resolution with additional settings applied. 3d06 scores are also dependent on the cpu. Benchmark scores are posted on the web already approaching 20k(SLI 8800GTX) in 3d06, one result dosn't define the average.

Associate
Was going to buy but watched the price go up before my very eyes :eek: To me that may be 'good business' but very very poor customer relations.

I will buy my new card and rig from competitors (and no doubt cheaper) for that very reason.

On with the show :D

Caporegime
If your buying these cards for 3DMark then don't bother, keep your money as as you can see they are not that much above the likes of the GX2, however if you don't play 3DMarks all day, and like to game, then these cards blow every other card away. :)

Back
Top Bottom