It's snowing

What bit of snow there was on the roads near me in leicester yesterday had melted by the time I got home from work. Woke up to a little dusting this morning and it's just started coming down again now but very very light.

Got some snow here now, probably 5mm at most, but it's still snowing. I've just been for a walk around the estate I live on and I'm completely amazed at what some drivers are doing. The roads in the estate aren't gritted but people have decided to try their luck anyway, most of them have got to within sight of the main road, and then decided it's too dangerous and have given up.

The main road is completely fine, it's gritted, just a little wet from melted snow. Bear in mind that the road is actually a decline as you go down to the main road so I really don't understand why people have decided to give up at the last 'hurdle', it's not like it's an incline where I might sympathise with them. All they've succeeded in doing now is blocking up an already difficult road to drive on by parking on the side of the road.

Got some snow here now, probably 5mm at most, but it's still snowing. I've just been for a walk around the estate I live on and I'm completely amazed at what some drivers are doing. The roads in the estate aren't gritted but people have decided to try their luck anyway, most of them have got to within sight of the main road, and then decided it's too dangerous and have given up.

The main road is completely fine, it's gritted, just a little wet from melted snow. Bear in mind that the road is actually a decline as you go down to the main road so I really don't understand why people have decided to give up at the last 'hurdle', it's not like it's an incline where I might sympathise with them. All they've succeeded in doing now is blocking up an already difficult road to drive on by parking on the side of the road.

"Can't make it in today, have had to abandon the car"...

First thing that springs to mind tbh.

ags

Few more pics from Dunblane:

IMG00092-20101129-1120.jpg

IMG00091-20101129-1116.jpg

IMG00090-20101129-1116.jpg

Nice sunny, bright day again in Blackpool - as it has been for the last 10 days. There was a little dusting of snow this am and the back roads were iced but nothing major.

Bought the Westfield in again today.

Back
Top Bottom