It's snowing

A bit chilly in Sheffield...

339hb8y.jpg

Our offices in Chesterfield and Leeds closed today. 17 inches on the ground this morning and 20 on the bins in Sheffield. It's snowing hard now. I wouldn't be surprised if the garden wall goes missing overnight. Never seen snow this deep in this country before.

ITS COMING!

Heavy Snow 1700 Wed 1 1100 Thu 2
Snow will become more persistent and at times heavier from Wednesday evening through to Thursday morning with a further 5 to 15 cm, locally 20 cm, slowly building up during the period. Large parts of Sussex and Kent are at risk, as well as east Surrey and south Essex.
The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency

There's been snow in the air all day in Guildford, as if its tried snowing properly but hasn't quite happened. Hopefully we'll get a shed load tonight/tomorrow, but knowing the forecasts thus far, it probably won't happen.

Hull uni closed this morning so all lectures etc have been cancelled. Got a 3 hour chemistry practical tomorrow morning so hoping that either the snow magically melts overnight or its closed again tomorrow to avoid stupidly bad bus travels :(

I agree with your thoughts on snow ploughs, over here (the USA, Montana) you see a whole range of vehicles with a plough stuck on the front. Everybody tries to chip in here and there to keep the roads in a half-decent condition.

ITS COMING!

Heavy Snow 1700 Wed 1 1100 Thu 2
Snow will become more persistent and at times heavier from Wednesday evening through to Thursday morning with a further 5 to 15 cm, locally 20 cm, slowly building up during the period. Large parts of Sussex and Kent are at risk, as well as east Surrey and south Essex.
The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency

Not here it isn't :(

for **** sake, I ordered some snow chains on Monday (well, snow shoes) in anticipation. Paid extra for next day delivery, then they didnt send them out monday, and the courier have said they couldnt do anything when they sent them yesterday. Brilliant the shoes that I need in manchester are stuck in a courier's depot in Kent.

On the plus side the Law of Sod suggests that once they DO arrive you probably won't need them until next year. That bodes well at least.

In other news, i can see me having to walk to the station again in the morning :( If its going to snow i'd rather it just dropped like 5 ft on me so i actually can't get out.

Over oxford or the entire south east corner?:confused:

If they said " south east " then don't go by the graphics , the bbc have made MASSIVE cut backs

I said MET OFFICE, though they are as bad as the BBC :D

They aren't predicting any snow for the Oxford -> South Midlands area

EDIT: Well, now they say there might be snow at 9pm tonight ... GREAT, I'm going out to party then :(

Back
Top Bottom