It's snowing

Looks like a ton coming down over the central south coast right now... so depends if its cleared up by morning or lets up before too much comes down.

Kings Worthy, Winchester:

dsc0424g.jpg

dsc0431g.jpg

dsc0428xm.jpg

dsc0432.jpg

dsc0433nk.jpg

Came down rather suddenly round these parts, and already 5-6 inches after a couple of hours! Should be an interesting day tomorrow!

The roads as of about thirty minutes ago were not handling it at all well.
Poor girl. My car can handle this weather for a bit, but it is no 4x drive monster. I dont know how to get her there. :(

At this rate im thinking of leaving at 3, just to make sure.
Regarding the lfight, You can crap out Gatwick, but Heathrow (i assumed, was the busiest airport in the world, but has sufficient salts etc. It aint up to me to check, just the transport)

Last edited:
Lol. Not mine, I have to admit. Housesharing only, 10 bedrooms, landlady family in one half, tenants/guests in other. Huge front garden, back garden, veg patch, etc, countryside all round, yet 10 mins from Winchy town centre. :)

Edit: there's nothing else to photograph nearby! Unless I stay at home tomorrow, in which case the local area will provide loads more photo opportunities. I will attempt to go to work though, assuming busses are running. Last Jan/Feb was a nightmare as I can't the driveway is on a slope which was icy for days.

Last edited:
Came down rather suddenly round these parts, and already 5-6 inches after a couple of hours! Should be an interesting day tomorrow!

Nice pics fella, I'm about a mile and a half away from you. I have a copy of Where Eagles Dare spooling on the dvd now and a beer on the chill. no travels for me tomorrow :D

Do you think I will be able to get a train from Paddington to Bath tomorrow?

How is it looking in West London, Reading, Swindon, Bath?

Thanks

Lol. Not mine, I have to admit. Housesharing only, 10 beds, landlady family in one half, tenants/guests in other. Huge fron garden, back garden, veg patch, etc, countryside all round, yet 10 mins from WInchy town centre. :)

Edit: there's nothing else to photograph nearby! Unless I stay at home tomorrow, in which case the local area will provide loads more photo opportunities.

OK. I like you again....a bit. :p

Do you think I will be able to get a train from Paddington to Bath tomorrow?

How is it looking in West London, Reading, Swindon, Bath?

Thanks

I'm a few miles south of Bath and we are just starting to get hit now (tho I think Bath itself has had a couple of inches over the last few days)... about an inch in the last half hour... forecast looks like we could get 6-7 inches overnight but more likely it will all be gone by morning :S

Thing is, the speed it's coming down is similar to how it came down in Feb this year here, it's December so I can only imagine how it's going to be leading up to Feb 2011 :O

Current long range models all point to a major warm up by the end of Dec/ early Jan. Unless something changes dramatically this 'big freeze' won't keep till Feb by a long way.

I'm a few miles south of Bath and we are just starting to get hit now (tho I think Bath itself has had a couple of inches over the last few days)... about an inch in the last half hour... forecast looks like we could get 6-7 inches overnight but more likely it will all be gone by morning :S

Well I am going to Paulton/ Peasedown, so probably round your way.

Looks like I can risk it then but gotta give myself about 2 hrs to battle through London :(

Had about an inch so far in swindon. A bit concerned about getting to college tomorrow at castle combe as no doubt they wouldn't have bothered to grit the small road through yatton :p

Oh well, I'll try anyway, could be fun in the little mx5 :D

Back
Top Bottom