It's snowing

Yeah the little bit of height seems to make a big difference here, walking over the golf course and the snow was above the knees, and i am 5'10 so not a midget :p

Its crazy how much difference height makes. our place just off Star Lane is about 7-9" under but Star Lane is clear as is the main road. Grandad in Law is up on Lacey Drive in old Coulsdon so hope he's ok.

You can't just stick snow ploughs on buses or garbage trucks though.

As I pointed out in my post. In Canada they use the big snow ploughs for clearing stuff like Motorways. You can't have a snow plough pushing through a town center, pushing snow all onto the pavement, where there could also be people walking by.

As I said, they will typically use JCB type machines for those kind of tasks. Yes we have those, but most of them are owned by plant hire companies who again aren't going to give them out for free.

The thing is, there are lots of other ways, aside from just ploughing snow that could make peoples lives easier if winters get worse. Make winter tyres mandatory up North... carry snow chains... etc...

Sorry, my pic from earlier is Central Scotland.

031lb0.jpg

P.S. It's not proper snow if you can still see patches of earth or the ground. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
A picture from this morning. As you can see, not much has changed but it's snowed a couple of times since then!

posted the same pic twice by accident!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom